GAME #158, WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2018, BALTIMORE ORIOLES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, September 25, 2018, 04:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

ORIOLES AT RED SOX

1:05 PM, EDT, SEPTEMBER 26, 2018, FENWAY PARK

TV:  NESN, MASN

BALTIMORE, (45-111)..................................................................................BOSTON (106-51)

BALTIMORE:

RYAN MESINGER, RHP, 2-0, 4.50 ERA, 21K

BOSTON:

DAVID PRICE, LHP, 15-7, 3.53 ERA, 171K

Price will try to recover from a tough loss, when he gave up six runs (four earned)
and three homers in a loss at Yankee Stadium.  Overall, the lefty has been tremendous
since the All-Star break, going 5-6 with a 2.00 ERA in 10 starts.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/orioles-vs-red-sox/2018/09/25/531756#game_state=preview,lock_state=preview,game_tab=,game=531756

longgame

Orioles
Ryan Meisinger (R)

1. Cedric Mullins (S) CF
2. Jonathan Villar (S) SS
3. Adam Jones (R) LF
4. Trey Mancini (R) 1B
5. Tim Beckham (R) DH
6. Renato Nunez (R) 3B
7. Joey Rickard (R) RF
8. Austin Wynns (R) C
9. Steve Wilkerson (S) 2B

Red Sox
David Price (L)

1. Mookie Betts (R) CF
2. Andrew Benintendi (L) LF
3. J.D. Martinez (R) DH
4. Xander Bogaerts (R) SS
5. Mitch Moreland (L) 1B
6. Ian Kinsler (R) 2B
7. Rafael Devers (L) 3B
8. Blake Swihart (S) RF
9. Sandy Leon (S) C

markj

markj

Figures, the Sox spot Price 5 runs and he's blowing it. 3 runs in this inning and still no outs.

elktonnick

Bear

markj

Quote from: Bear on September 26, 2018, 01:04:17 PM
Price won't do much in the post-season

He never has. Closer you get to the post-season, the worse he gets.

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on September 26, 2018, 01:10:18 PM
Quote from: Bear on September 26, 2018, 01:04:17 PM
Price won't do much in the post-season

He never has. Closer you get to the post-season, the worse he gets.

Not to worry. Just remember there is no pitcher on the Red Sox who has ever won a playoff game as a starter including Chris Sale who was 0-2 last year.

BoSoxFanNY

Having fun watching this game!

14 - 3 in the bottom of the 7th inning.
Back to back home runs just now from Devers and Swihart!

Home runs by JD Martinez and Xander Bogaerts!

Shaky second inning by David Price - but, other than that - all good!

elktonnick

It has long been a truism in baseball that even the worst teams will win 50 games.  Not this year's edition of the Orioles.

SeaBeachFred

I just hope we saved a few runs for the second game.  Nice to have a laugher once in awhile and hope also that we are starting to hit again.  I don't like those three to five dry spell games, especially with the playoffs just around the corner.

longgame

Wow, I totally forgot the game was on and between some work and some errands I missed the scoring fest.   

longgame

By the way, Remy is supposed to stop by the booth tonight or maybe to NESN studios.  Unfortunately it's a Baltimore game and since they are a mere 8 or 9 hours away we are in the home territory.  I'll tell you though while I don't like Gary Thorne a ton, I do like the Orioles announcing.  Instead of having Alex Speier come on for an inning with interesting stats, they trot them out the entire game. 

Bill-806

107 & the JUG/A/NOT continues !!!  WOW !!!  DEVERS ?????  I am blinded by his swing & the GLOVE scares the HECK out of me ????

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on September 26, 2018, 03:37:24 PM
By the way, Remy is supposed to stop by the booth tonight or maybe to NESN studios.  Unfortunately it's a Baltimore game and since they are a mere 8 or 9 hours away we are in the home territory.  I'll tell you though while I don't like Gary Thorne a ton, I do like the Orioles announcing.  Instead of having Alex Speier come on for an inning with interesting stats, they trot them out the entire game.

You wouldn't if you had to listen to them as often as we do down here in Delaware.  Stats are fine but Thorne carries it to the extreme.  It is all stats all the time like, if there is a man on 2nd with no outs he is more likely to score than if there is a man on 1st with no outs.  Duh!