WORLD SERIES GAME #5 SUNDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT LA DODGERS

Started by markj, October 28, 2018, 10:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoSoxFanNY

INTERESTING STAT:

The Red Sox only lost 3 games in October!

YAHOOOOOOOO!
OUR SOX ARE World Series CHAMPIONS!!!!!

They were good ALL year long.
For those who complained during the season - for those who complained
about Alex Cora - THIS TEAM won 108 games in the regular season.

AND 119 games for the year!

BoSoxFanNY

Schloicka

Great season for the Sox. Pretty much dominated all year. Good mix of players & coaches. Not much else to say. On to 2019 and what it will bring. GO SOX.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: Schloicka on October 28, 2018, 11:54:12 PM
Great season for the Sox. Pretty much dominated all year. Good mix of players & coaches. Not much else to say. On to 2019 and what it will bring. GO SOX.

I want to enjoy this for a long while.
I will think about 2019 in March, 2019!

YAHOOOOOO!
Our Sox are World Series Champions!

BoSoxFanNY

LOVE THIS PARARAPH that I read on AOL from Jeff Passan, YAHOO Sports:

Talking about Chris Sale striking out Manny Machado - and the Sox winning the World Series.

"It ended a season â€" and postseason â€" of near-perfection for the Red Sox. All the two-out hits. All the damage done. All the early strikes and late comebacks. All in service of what happened Sunday: the 119th win of the season, the ninth championship in franchise history and the reminder that despite decades of pain leading up to it, the Boston Red Sox have unquestionably been the franchise of the 21st century."

Sea Dog 23

A fabulous team that DD and AC put together.  But there was some heavy lifting to be done between game 3 and 4.  The Series was about to go even up until Cora put in those clutch pinch hit atbats, like Morland and Devers iirc.  That inning took all the momentum back to the Sox as has been said several times. 

Good to see Sale get the 9th, but there were so many heroes up and down the lineup and in the pen that could have taken a curtain call right there.

longgame

Just like they did all year, this team never gave up.  It took LA 18 innings a few blown plays to beat us in a single game.  The rest of the time it was all Red Sox.  Bregman was on one of the pregame shows, I think on MLB, and he was talking about how the Sox just beat the crap out of them too.  The greatest Red Sox team to take the field ever.

I'll be interested to see if there's a larger impact of this.  While every other team was doubling down on big HR totals but with high strikeouts, the Sox were loading up the base, putting pressure on pitchers and getting the big blows too.  In other words, the Sox played very good "normal" baseball while other teams tried a different approach and were smoked by the Red Sox.

Time to repeat!

Bill-806

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on October 29, 2018, 12:44:36 AM
LOVE THIS PARARAPH that I read on AOL from Jeff Passan, YAHOO Sports:

Talking about Chris Sale striking out Manny Machado - and the Sox winning the World Series.

"It ended a season â€" and postseason â€" of near-perfection for the Red Sox. All the two-out hits. All the damage done. All the early strikes and late comebacks. All in service of what happened Sunday: the 119th win of the season, the ninth championship in franchise history and the reminder that despite decades of pain leading up to it, the Boston Red Sox have unquestionably been the franchise of the 21st century."
B I N G O dat !!!  Pinch yourself Boys & Girls, we are a lucky generation as we have all grown/aged with our BELOVED RED SOX, where have the YEARS GONE !!!   ENJOY ALL !!

elktonnick

Like a lot of Red Sox fans we have to recognize that we were wrong about  David Price.  He demonstrated tremendous heart.  Bradley also.  This is an exceptional group of guys.  Tremendous credit goes to DD for assembling this team.  Finally there is Alex Cora.  Tom Werner said it best "disagreeing with Cora is like disagreeing with Einstein."

This has been the best Boston team in my lifetime possibly in history.

longgame

A friend of mine posted the front page of Puerto Rico's top Spanish Language daily with Cora and the team on the cover.  When I lived in PR in 1986, there was a column that referred to "the three Red Sox fans on the island".  Now there are a lot more!

Bill-806

As I always tried to tell ROB from MASS, "the games you win in MARCH, APRIL & MAY, you won't have to WIN in SEPTEMBER" !!  WOW, AGAIN, what a season !! thumb_u thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

One more thing about this team and specifically the game last night.  Price pitched 1-2-3 innings in the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th.  He then gave up a walk to lead off the 8th and Kelly and Sale proceeded to strike out the remaining 6 batters. 

Also something funny I heard on the radio earlier.  Some people have tried to play down the 108 games.  Others have talked about how the Dodgers and Astros had to overcome injuries.  Which one of them lost the veteran leader of the team, a former MVP, who is a career .300 hitter and a defensive whiz?  Who had their starter throw less than 40 pitches from August 1 through October 28?  Who had half their bullpen on the DL through August?  There's nothing you can say about this team other than they are one of the best all time.

BoSoxFanNY

RE-watching the game on MLB-TV!

WOW!!!!!

David Price pitches 7 strong innings!
He had retired 13 Dodgers in a row until the walk in the top of the 8th inning.

Joe Kelly strikes out the side after David Price issued the walk in the bottom of the 8th.
Chris Sale strikes out the side in the bottom of the 9th inning.

YAHOOOOOOOOOO!

AND all our runs in Game 5 were by the long ball.

WOW!!!!!!!

An amazing team from Spring Training to winning the World Series.
Alex Cora wins as a Rookie Manager.  He had a plan for his players
from Day 1 and the players bought it and won it all!

BoSoxFanNY

I KNOW this is a Hot Stove topic -

THREE Red Sox World Series Pitchers are free agents
in 2019
Nathan Eovaldi
Joe Kelly
Craig Kimbrel

I, personally, would like to have them all back next season.

Bill-806

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on October 29, 2018, 07:47:15 PM
I KNOW this is a Hot Stove topic -

THREE Red Sox World Series Pitchers are free agents
in 2019
Nathan Eovaldi
Joe Kelly
Craig Kimbrel

I, personally, would like to have them all back next season.
Concur...… FREE AGENCY is a double edge blade !! iono iono iono iono iono