AND the Red Sox win 7 - 5.

Craig Kimbrel never makes it easy.

Sox up 7 - 4.
He gets two quick outs - then double, RBI single
AND then, the final out.

PHEW!
ONE A PIECE!

BoSoxFanNY

Strange - Price gives up 4 runs and the Sox win.
Sale gives up 2 runs and the Sox lose.

I KNOW the bullpen.

TONIGHT, the bullpen did their job!

BoSoxFanNY

SOX finally hand the Astros their first loss in the postseason.

longgame

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on October 14, 2018, 09:59:43 PM

I KNOW the bullpen.

And they hit tonight, big difference!

longgame

I mentioned Price earlier - he had some poor defense behind him but kept them in the game.  Barnes came in and looked liked midseason Barnes, which is good to see. 

The Sox scored with hits lower in the lineup and still not getting much out of the top guys.  They have a good chance to start hitting in Houston.  Weakest link right now clearly is Kimbrel.

BTW, Kinsler and Holt have combined for 6 Ks.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: longgame on October 14, 2018, 10:04:44 PM
Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on October 14, 2018, 09:59:43 PM

I KNOW the bullpen.

And they hit tonight, big difference!

DEFINITELY - they came out swinging the bat well.

Schloicka

Barnes with the win. Kimbrel with the save. Better hitting tonight. Not sure what were going to do at 2nd base. Not much hitting (for that matter contact) coming from there so far this series. Guess can just flip a coin and put someone there. On to Tuesday at 5pm Eastern.

markj

Argh. 5:09PM Eastern is a shitty time to be starting a game. I'll miss the first few innings at least.

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on October 14, 2018, 09:36:10 PM
Moreland with a hit. And then Leon in to pinch run. I realize why Cora is doing that, but Leon pinch running is still funny.

I see what you mean mark but would have liked if he sent in Eovaldi in to pinch run instead?????  You know where that went two years ago in LA-------Hey, why is John Farrell did out of a job.  Think that might had a little something to do with it?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on October 14, 2018, 09:58:46 PM
AND the Red Sox win 7 - 5.

Craig Kimbrel never makes it easy.

Sox up 7 - 4.
He gets two quick outs - then double, RBI single
AND then, the final out.

PHEW!
ONE A PIECE!

I'd trade tonight for last night any day.  Still, tonight is not indicative of what a team that wants to get in the World Series looks like.  Better than last night but still we need to sharpen up on all fronts---better clutch hitting, solider defense, good pitching and some real accomplishments from JD and Benny.  Then, again, Houston didn't look like a world beater tonight either and last night it more our blunders than their drumfire play.  We just might make a real series of this after all-----maybe, possibly, hopefully. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on October 14, 2018, 10:12:53 PM
Barnes with the win. Kimbrel with the save. Better hitting tonight. Not sure what were going to do at 2nd base. Not much hitting (for that matter contact) coming from there so far this series. Guess can just flip a coin and put someone there. On to Tuesday at 5pm Eastern.

Well one thing they had better not do is try to get smart by putting Nunez at second.  If he can't play third he sure as hell can't play second.  We can go with Holt when we face a left hander and keep Kinsler in against lefties.  Those two played pretty well until this series.  No panic.  We'll be fine there.  It is the bullpen, the hitting and the energy and commitment of the team that should be our overriding concern in my opinion.

ipot

We got it done tonight, whatever it took.  Barnes deserves a special mention.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

& THAT Boys & Girls was a MUST WIN.....  Now on to HOUSTON, "as 3rd base goes, so goes our RED SOX!!" thumb_u thumb_u thumb_u