A Santander (S) RF
C Mullins (L) CF
J Mateo (R) 2B
R UrĂ­as (R) 3B
J McCann (R) C

Gametime Temp: 70F
Chance of Precip: 14%

Sea Dog 23

Sox just don't matchup well with the new  O's.  Then we're missing so many bats from injury losses.

longgame

Freaking Gunnar Henderson is the real deal.  They have some great young players on that team.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on May 30, 2024, 08:27:36 AMFreaking Gunnar Henderson is the real deal.  They have some great young players on that team.

And that's the problem Ted....WE DON"T!!!!!!!  Duran and Abreu look like keepers, but Rafaela, Cooper, Smith, Hamilton and Grissom????????? Are you freaki' kidding me. Grissom is a mediocre fielder and can't seem to get his batting average about 150.  Rafaela is error prone, is careless on he bases and can barely hit 200. Cooper is garbage, Smith, a three time loser with other teams and both are high 100 hitters.  As for Hamilton, does anyone actually see any real future for this guy taking up an important spot in our lineup as a future stalwart?

Time to think bringing up the future....Teel, Mayer, Yorke, Anthony and a few of those who ceiling is a lot higher than the previously mention band of duds.  And let's pull the plug on Cora when we finally get some sense and bring p the  real prospects.  Cora is good with a veteran team but horse dung with younger players, especially when they are limited in talent to begin with.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 30, 2024, 09:16:12 PM
Quote from: longgame on May 30, 2024, 08:27:36 AMFreaking Gunnar Henderson is the real deal.  They have some great young players on that team.

And that's the problem Ted....WE DON"T!!!!!!!  Duran and Abreu look like keepers, but Rafaela, Cooper, Smith, Hamilton and Grissom????????? Are you freaki' kidding me. Grissom is a mediocre fielder and can't seem to get his batting average about 150.  Rafaela is error prone, is careless on he bases and can barely hit 200. Cooper is garbage, Smith, a three time loser with other teams and both are high 100 hitters.  As for Hamilton, does anyone actually see any real future for this guy taking up an important spot in our lineup as a future stalwart?

Time to think bringing up the future....Teel, Mayer, Yorke, Anthony and a few of those who ceiling is a lot higher than the previously mention band of duds.  And let's pull the plug on Cora when we finally get some sense and bring p the  real prospects.  Cora is good with a veteran team but horse dung with younger players, especially when they are limited in talent to begin with.

SeaDog and I will be checking out the Woo Sox tomorrow, so we'll get a look at some of those guys, although most of the better ones haven't made it up there yet.  I think Rafaela is the real deal, it would help him to not move between the IF and OF.  Look at how much Duran has improved and for that matter, before he got hurt, Casas.  I'm hopeful we can get some of that development with Rafaela.  Smith and Cooper are only there because nobody other than Casas can stop a ball thrown to 1B.  Hamilton doesn't look like he has the goods.  Grissom was supposed to be able to hit but he's still behind after being out so long.  We'll see on that one.  I would think that with Story and Casas they would have been better off so far. 

Meanwhile the fielding has improved. I read where they set up a clinic at the beginning of a series and take the field early with coaches working directly with the infielders and that's why we've seen an improvement from horrid to mediocre. Hopefully they continue that.