Quote from: markj on April 17, 2023, 10:08:37 PM
7:10PM Eastern

Red Sox

Chris Sale (L)

Twins

Sonny Gray (R)

Gametime Temp: 54°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Hey Chris, how about going out there and giving us six or seven strong innings and the start of a new winning streak. You owe it to yourself, the fans, the team and Boston.

markj

Our old friend Christian Vazquez returns again to Fenway. I'm still pissed that they traded him away.

elktonnick

elktonnick

Fitting ending to a bizarre game.  Sox win!  Well you see something different every game.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on April 18, 2023, 09:26:00 PM
Fitting ending to a bizarre game.  Sox win!  Well you see something different every game.

Be honest Elk, did you or anyone else on this board think we were toast when the Twins got two in the top of the tenth inning to go ahead 4-2?  I hadmy deep doubts but remembered we came from behind three times in the four game Angels series to win those games so I gave us a 20% chance of doing it.  Is it even remotely possible that we are going to be a team that actually can make a habit of doing this on at least a modest amount of times?  Good to see Sale finally pitch a decent game and I would like to see Kluber do the same tomorrow with the Red Sox this time being a little more sucessful in bringing in some of those runners we left on base tonight.

MongoLikeSox

I caught one inning during the Celtic's half-time and then switched over afterwards for the final 2-3 innings. I thought we were toast, too.

Good for Sale (and us). He needed an outing like that. The speeds didn't look different from earlier in the one inning I saw, but he sure did. More zip. The difference reminded me of Barnes when his motion was straight ahead vs falling off too much. That one half a year when Barnes was a good Closer.

Another Catcher's interference? I learned something tonight's edition. I had no idea it was treated as a live-ball error situation and that the base-runner(s) could advance beyond the awarded base. It doesn't make any sense, but we'll take it. I wonder if Kike knew that or if he just saw the open base and went for it without knowing a CI had been called?

Not a fan of the light show. It makes the energy of the moment seem too contrived.

edit: I just read where Verdugo said the walk off hit fooled him because he pulled it. Instead of hooking, it sliced. I'm not sure I've ever seen that.

Sea Dog 23

" I just read where Verdugo said the walk off hit fooled him because he pulled it. Instead of hooking, it sliced. I'm not sure I've ever seen that."

Apparently the Twins RF had never seen that before either!

longgame

Sale looked sharp, he was just slinging it in there.  More movement and you could tell he had a lot more confidence and was painting his locations.  Also probably benefited from a big strike zone all night. Of course the Sox squandered numerous opportunities throughout the night with that terrible lineup.

The catcher’s interference was explained that because there was a hit too there’s a choice of outcomes.  The idea is if you have catcher’s interference but still hit a HR you still get the HR.  Kike just advanced because the base was open.

They also talked about the ball down the RF line and how new construction in the area has changed the wind flow down there.

I like the light show! 

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: longgame on April 19, 2023, 07:40:30 AM
The catcher’s interference was explained that because there was a hit too there’s a choice of outcomes.  The idea is if you have catcher’s interference but still hit a HR you still get the HR.  Kike just advanced because the base was open.

They also talked about the ball down the RF line and how new construction in the area has changed the wind flow down there.
Ahhh! That whole CI play makes sense now. 

Interesting on the wind theory, too.