GAME #142, TAMPA BAY RAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, September 09, 2017, 02:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

Haha, so he K's the guy on a wide pitch. Bit of a mea culpa for the other blow calls.

Schloicka

Sale should be done for tonight. Time to give some bullpen guys some practice time.

ipot

Yes, they need to shut down Sale for the night.  All necessary rest is needed.  He's earned the W anyway....
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Sweet DP. Glad they took Sale out. Wise move. Same with Pedey.

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

ipot

Can we get carry-over runs?  From the last 2 games?  To use in the final week of the season?
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Nice play by Holt. Never seen him with glasses before. Maybe for the vertigo?

markj

Wow, a shutout. Sweet. Good game. Holding pace with the Yanks.

Schloicka

ipot

--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

About time we had a game like where we struck early and hard and if makes it so much easier on the nerves, but I am already worrying about tomorrow.  My wife Linda says that Nick Saban reminds her of me when I coached in that I always worried about the next game and never seemed satisfied.  No!!!!  First of all Saban is much better a football coach than I could have ever been a baseball mentor.  To me he's the greatest college football coach of all time.  What worries me about  tomorrow is the pitcher and the lineup.  Porcello has been a human pinball machine this season and has been shelled too many times to make me confident that won't get reamed again,  Hopefully he will have one of his better games tomorrow.  We cannot allow him to become our designated losing pitcher because this race is still too close to call in my opinion to start worrying about someone's ego.  If Rick cannot get his crap together we will have to drop him from the rotation.  Winning must come before anything.  To that end please keep Leon on the bench.  He has become almost useless at the plate and Vaz has been a good hitter for us this year.  With Nunez out we have to play Bogsaerts and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that his good game tonight both at the bat and in the field is the beginning of some kind of turnaround for him.  It has been a long time in coming.....if indeed it is coming.  However, a very good game tonight all around and one more game off the schedule.

Bill-806

Good job boys !!!  Carry the day !! thumb_u rofl

longgame

Quote from: Bill-806 on September 09, 2017, 04:50:00 PM
Good lineup..... While waiting for Irma here in Sarasota I will be watching my beloved RED SOX.... GO SOX !! thumb_u rofl

Good luck Bill. If you're on the island you better get inland!