GAME #141, TAMPA BAY RAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, September 07, 2017, 04:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Not a bad game for Pomeranz. I wish he could go more than 6 innings. He might come back out for the 7th here, but I would assume not for more than a batter or two, especially if one gets on base.

Schloicka

markj

markj

Pedey blew that one. Still got an out, though.

markj

Schloicka

markj

Schloicka

Eck is right. No need for Vaz to be pointing to his wrist like he had the sign from stealing it. Needs to be told to not do it again.

Schloicka

Nice job by Reed and now Maddox.

markj

Yeah, Maddox did well. Good game. Yanks are down by 2 to Texas. All good stuff.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on September 08, 2017, 08:29:43 PM
Not a bad game for Pomeranz. I wish he could go more than 6 innings. He might come back out for the 7th here, but I would assume not for more than a batter or two, especially if one gets on base.

So do I mark but if he can give us six good innings every time out there is no excuse for the bullpen not being able to hold the fort for three more innings.  Of course Kelly had to prove me wrong by struggling again, and for a guy with the stuff and speed he has he sure has a tendency to under-achieve when he should be a shut-down seventh inning man.  Good job by Reed though.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on September 08, 2017, 09:30:13 PM
Yeah, Maddox did well. Good game. Yanks are down by 2 to Texas. All good stuff.

It might have been a cheapie but at long last last Betts finally went deep and while it hit the Pesky Pole it gave us a three run lead right off the bat and how many times have we done that lately?  It also helped that the Yankees lost to the Rangers to help us pick up a game, but I just wonder if this back and forth between us and them will be over a three or four game difference.  Not to sound greedy but it would be swell if we could open a little more ground on them in the next week or so, but four ahead is still better than three.

Bear

markj

The closer we get to the the last game, the tougher it will be for the Yanks to make up that ground. Every game gained is vital now.