GAME #139, TORONTO BLUE JAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, September 05, 2017, 12:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Schloicka

Schloicka

An 8 pitch top of the 19th for Hector Velazquez. On to the bottom of the 19th.

Schloicka

Sox win in 19 innings. A Betts double and a Hanley single wins it. Hector Velazquez with the win. Bullpen pitched 13 scoreless innings. Plus they pick up a game on the Yankees. 3.5 games up now.

ipot

I'm on West Coast time.  Taped game and it ran out of space right at the 19th...go figure.

The good news is that we gained a game. But to take 63 ABs to scrounge 3 runs?  Pitching bails out listless offense AGAIN.  Nice to see E-Rod have a good game, but he's still an enigma to me.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

19 INNINGS ??  Really ?? Against TORONTO ??  What a sad state of affairs !!! thumb_d slap rofl

Bear

longgame

When I said they would take another 9 to score one more run, it was a joke, not a suggestion!

Wow, what a pitiful offense.  I went to be but left the TV on and was half awake, half snoozing through some innings.  The loud noise must have woke me up when they won.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on September 05, 2017, 06:27:35 PM
In any case, this is a game thread. Let's try to keep the sign stealing discussion in the other thread.

Well mark, it looks to me like we have some people who just like to split hairs.......maybe I should get a hair splitter myself.

ojdidit

A game the Red Sox should have lost and the Yankees should have won.  Amazing.