GAME #138, TORONTO BLUE JAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, September 04, 2017, 02:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

Quote from: ojdidit on September 04, 2017, 06:56:57 PM
O's were up 3-0 and NYY came back for a 7-3 win. Sox are down 3-0.....raise you thumbs if you feel Sox can come back.

As the Sox automatically lose a big series to the Yankees late, the O's can never beat the Yankees when you need them to, especially in September.  The funny part is it seems that the Yankees and the Sox, neither particularly good, are far better than the Red Sox right now.  It's amazing how we have some of the best pitchers in the league, yet our hitters can't hit a single starter they face. 

longgame

End of the week in second, maybe out of the wild card by the 15th.  Although they may wait for Tampa Bay and Baltimore to take delight in sealing our fate. 

Only chance in this game is that we go wild on their pen and somehow our guys hold them.  Not holding my breath.

markj

No, they squeaked a run out of that situation, but no clutch hit when they need it, naturally.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on September 04, 2017, 08:05:56 PM
OMG -
Jays 7 - Sox 2.

WHAT has happened to this team????????

They will be only 2.5 games up on the Yankees after this loss.

(Starting to feel like September of 2011 . . .)

Feel SICK!

You kept asking that question all during 2014 and 2015 just as you're asking now.  You know the answer but if you don't what do these three seasons have in common?  Yes, that's right....Farrell in the dugout----and you will be asking this question in 2018 unless Farrell is fired as soon as possible.

Great!!!!!  Now that moron is pinch hitting for Travis who has two hits......but does he pinch hit for Ramirez, or Pukegaerts, or his pet Young???  What does that tell you about that worthless bastard Farrell?  And that Dave O'Brien; he is the shittiest Red Sox announcer I have ever heard.  He repeats himself and, worse than that, makes some of the most assinine comments that makes a listener roll his eyes while making him sick.

SeaBeachFred

Bogaerts up with a runner on base.  Guess what?  a strikeout.  What a worthless POS.  Why wasn't he pinched hit for.  Now Bradley can't hold up on a swing and taps out.  This @#$%^&? team makes me sick,  the rotten pack of no good losers.

markj

Dear God, Bogaerts is awful. He just K'd on a pitch 2ft outside the strike zone.

BoSoxFanNY

7 - 4
Going to the top of the 9th inning.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

markj

Meatball Matt does his thing. Nice tasty meatball right down the middle and boom, gone.

BoSoxFanNY

10 - 4

Goodnight (although I don't think I will be able to sleep well.)

ipot

Pathetic doesn't even apply.  There's nothing really "it factor" about this team.  I can't be angry at them because they are essentially overachievers and lucky.  They're not 2011 which had the talent and choked. 

If they blow it, it's easy to see why: Sale got them about 10 Ws more than they would have otherwise.  They are a 500 team without Sale.  And that's even if Price was in the rotation all season. 

Hopefully, the purge begins with Farrell being the first out the door October 2nd.

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Sale is a bargain. Price is a waste of money. Funny how that works.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on September 04, 2017, 08:45:50 PM
Dear God, Bogaerts is awful. He just K'd on a pitch 2ft outside the strike zone.

Take my word for it mark.  It has nothing to do with any bad wrist.  Blowgaerts is simply a rotten choker who is coming apart and regressing at an alarming rate.  His best days are behind him because as I've pointed out for the past three years and you and o thers can now see for yourself, Xander is a total choke artist.  If there is one guy we must replace this off season it is him b ecause he will never be a middle of the order hit ter they proclaimed he would me.  In fact he won't be worth shit to the Red Soxand the sooner we get rid of him the better or we will regret holding onto him in the worst way possible.