GAME #137, BOSTON RED SOX AT NEW YORK YANKEES

Started by Bear, September 03, 2017, 01:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ojdidit

I am ready to put this in the books for NY.  Oh well....3.5 games is fine.

markj

4-1/3 innings and 3 ER. Not a stellar outing. Not that the offense has been a bit of help.

markj

Getting sick of looking at these stupid Judge fans. Although I bet the rest of baseball is sick of looking at our OFers dance after every win, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

markj

Runners on 2nd and 3rd. Wanna bet they blow it?

markj

There's the Sox offense. Pray for a mistake by the other team. Only way they can get on the board. In this case it was two mistakes.

elktonnick

How many times are we forced to endure watching Red Sox batters take a called third strike.  Doesn't anyone know how to protect the plate with two strikes any more. 

longgame

Quote from: markj on September 03, 2017, 08:37:04 PM
Runners on 2nd and 3rd. Wanna bet they blow it?

Gotta love it, two guys get on via errors, then one scores on a past ball.

And yet another Red Sox batter looks at strike 3 right down the middle.  A freaking big fat hanging curve ball in the case of Moreland, but most of the night these guys don't swing on the numerous fastballs down the pipe. 

What a pathetic team - the announcer summed it up without realizing it a moment ago "this is how they scored their run last night".  Even he knows the scoring is over.

BTW, Betts looks intimidated at the plate. 

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on September 03, 2017, 08:43:08 PM
How many times are we forced to endure watching Red Sox batters take a called third strike.  Doesn't anyone know how to protect the plate with two strikes any more.

Especially a hanging curve ball right down the middle.  Benintendi watched a fastball middle down that he could have easily cleared out too. 

longgame

Just once in my life I would like to see the Sox come into a late season series with the Sox and actually put them away.

Chicken and beer on the flight home?

markj

Scott comes in to make a bad situation worse. How do you spell relief?

markj

Sad when shitty calls affect a game. I'm ready for electronic strike/ball calling.

markj

Oh well, never was much of a game anyway. History now.

markj

Reed having a meltdown after that bad call. Ugliness ensues.

longgame

God this was awful, from the strikes right over the plate that aren't called to the total meltdown just now.  Being a long weekend, plenty of time to watch something else.

Sox showing who they really are.  There's a part of me that wants them to go down in flames, get rid of many of them as they can and start over.

ojdidit