GAME #135, BOSTON RED SOX AT NEW YORK YANKEES

Started by Bear, September 01, 2017, 02:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Schloicka on September 02, 2017, 06:30:01 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 01, 2017, 11:14:48 PM
Quote from: markj on September 01, 2017, 08:31:06 PM
They took Pedey out already, which I think is a dumb move. Now more than ever you want your best defense out there.

I sure hope our addled manager doesn't pull another stupid move and rests Pedroia tomorrow because that means the useless Bogaerts would be back in the lineup and we all know what might mean.  He needs to be kept on the bench and if Pedroia is ready he needs to be in the lineup because we don't need Farrell risk costing us another game.  Bogaerts and Young must be kept out of that lineup at all costs.  With most skippers this wouldn't be a problem but with Farrell you never know when he is going to make another one of his multitude of blunders.

They already said Pedroia will get rest days whether it means every few days or when he feels something. Better he get rest before he feels something. It's not like we haven't been winning without him for a long period of time.

With all those ground balls Fister was throwing, Pedey was getting maximum exposure at 2nd.  No telling how sore he feels today.  Good show, my man!

longgame

Quote from: ojdidit on September 01, 2017, 05:42:09 PM
the Red Sox are already playing the game this evening under protest.  MLB issued an order regading the no bunting rule.  Attempting a bunt will result in an automatic out and an ejection.

Only if the opposing pitcher is over 35 and weighs more than 250. 

longgame

Right now we'd go into a 5 game series with Sale, Pomerantz, Fister and two other guys sitting out and getting paid $50M.   

Pedey made a big difference in that game last night, with at least 3 plays that were hits the night before.  He has an incredible knack for just getting to the ball, always has.  Plus he picked up a hit.

Sox get two more righties in this series, meaning that Farrell may be able to resist not putting in his favorites lefties who can't hit.