GAME #135, BOSTON RED SOX AT NEW YORK YANKEES

Started by Bear, September 01, 2017, 02:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Fister pitch a excellent game. 98 pitches. Reed coming in. Let's go bull pen.

markj

They took Pedey out already, which I think is a dumb move. Now more than ever you want your best defense out there.

markj

And yeah, Fister was on again. He's becoming Mr. Dependable.

markj

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on September 01, 2017, 08:31:06 PM
They took Pedey out already, which I think is a dumb move. Now more than ever you want your best defense out there.

I don't have a problem with him coming out. 4-1 lead. Pitchers are going well. Why push it and have him hurt himself again. Played a long time without him so they'll get through this.

markj

Kimbrel does his thing. No drama tonight. Good win. Fister continues to impress.

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on September 01, 2017, 08:56:48 PM
Kimbrel does his thing. No drama tonight. Good win. Fister continues to impress.

Very good pitching and enough offense. Big win. Yanks can only gain 2 this series if the wheels fall off.

elktonnick

Solid win.  Sox played very well against one the majors better pitchers.  Looks like Bogaerts will be doing a lot more sitting when Pedroia plays.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on September 01, 2017, 08:17:20 PM
Quote from: markj on September 01, 2017, 08:14:30 PM
I'll say it again, it's good to have Pedroia back. His instincts, reaction time, and speed can't be beat.

might sit tomorrow with the quick turn around. they are going to make him rest from time to time

No, if he can play keep him in that lineup.  The team is very different when he is in there offensively---and it keep Bogaerts on the bench where he belongs.  i think that made a difference tonight.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on September 01, 2017, 09:14:49 PM
Solid win.  Sox played very well against one the majors better pitchers.  Looks like Bogaerts will be doing a lot more sitting when Pedro's plays.

Fister had his usual first inning problem but it was a small one and then pitched a real gem, stopping the Yankees cold and those three homers were just what the doctor ordered.  Was this Red Sox team the same one we saw last night who couldn't avoid falling all over themselves?  I don't want to greedy but I do want to see us win another game in this series because then we come out of the same way we went in.  If OTOH, we could do better I wouldn't mind at all, but one more win to me is definitely what we need.

SeaBeachFred

I sure hope our addled manager doesn't pull another stupid move and rests Pedroia tomorrow because that means the useless Bogaerts would be back in the lineup and we all know what might mean.  He needs to be kept on the bench and if Pedroia is ready he needs to be in the lineup because we don't need Farrell risk costing us another game.  Bogaerts and Young must be kept out of that lineup at all costs.  With most skippers this wouldn't be a problem but with Farrell you never know when he is going to make another one of his multitude of blunders.

ipot

Fister? Yes, Fister! 3rd consecutive 'A' game by him.  Whatever he's doing, he's gotta keep doing it. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Schloicka

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 01, 2017, 11:14:48 PM

I sure hope our addled manager doesn't pull another stupid move and rests Pedroia tomorrow because that means the useless Bogaerts would be back in the lineup and we all know what might mean.  He needs to be kept on the bench and if Pedroia is ready he needs to be in the lineup because we don't need Farrell risk costing us another game.  Bogaerts and Young must be kept out of that lineup at all costs.  With most skippers this wouldn't be a problem but with Farrell you never know when he is going to make another one of his multitude of blunders.

They already said Pedroia will get rest days whether it means every few days or when he feels something. Better he get rest before he feels something. It's not like we haven't been winning without him for a long period of time.

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on September 01, 2017, 08:32:03 PM
And yeah, Fister was on again. He's becoming Mr. Dependable.
B I N G O dat !!! Ya got to love the sinker ball & the pace of the game that he sets !! thumb_u rofl

Bill-806

As  DAD would say,  "SON, our beloved RED SOX is like the love affair that is on & off, meaning there will be a lot of good love, but HEART BREAK along the way" !!  Nice game last night, back at it today... thumb_u rofl