GAME #134, BOSTON RED SOX AT YANKEE STADIUM

Started by Bear, August 31, 2017, 05:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

When are the SOX going to come clean on the extent of Boggey's  wrist injury ???

Schloicka

The laughable part of the Sox lineup is Xman had 9 RBI in August (and he's looked at as crappy) and Betts who plays a power position in right field had only 12 RBI in August. That's not very good for someone who people said should be hitting in a RBI position in the lineup. Basically Betts stinks just as much as any one else.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on September 01, 2017, 12:14:39 PM
The laughable part of the Sox lineup is Xman had 9 RBI in August (and he's looked at as crappy) and Betts who plays a power position in right field had only 12 RBI in August. That's not very good for someone who people said should be hitting in a RBI position in the lineup. Basically Betts stinks just as much as any one else.

Sad as it is to hear you say that, you're right.  Betts look like crap warmed over at the plate and when he isn't hitting and fielding he brings nothing to the table.  He is not a leader, he has no charisma, and he shuns the spotlight like a live grenade.  He is having a crappy year and we should face that sad fact, but I save my biggest barbs for Bogaerts.  That guy really stinks and should be benched.

elktonnick

Betts has forgotten to how to swing the bat.  He is taking way too many pitches.  I have long thought that Betts and others have gotten seduced by their past ability to hit with two strikes.  They have carried this working the count to the extreme.  Now they find themselves letting too many good pitches early in the count go by. 

As for Bogaerts his mechanics are all messed up.  When he isn't chopping at the ball he is flinging the bat at it.  If he jackknifes his body at one more pitch that is over the plate I'll scream.  Both he and Betts have lost their ability to distinguish breaking balls.

longgame

Another thing that kills me with these guys are called third strikes on pretty good pitches, a lot of times on pitchers' counts, where you have to be ready to defend a third strike.  Several guys watched hittable balls right over the plate for strike 3.

elktonnick

Agreed.  Whatever happened to protecting the plate with two strikes.

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on September 01, 2017, 03:39:03 PM
Agreed.  Whatever happened to protecting the plate with two strikes.

Of course watching last night it was incredible.  After 2 innings it was clear that anything that was starting over the plate wasn't finishing anywhere close to the plate, but our guys bit and hit hard.  If the ball started high and hung up in the strike zone, they'd look at it.