GAME #134, BOSTON RED SOX AT YANKEE STADIUM

Started by Bear, August 31, 2017, 05:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Bases loaded, no outs. Best chance since the 1st inning.

markj

So much for Nunez's bat. Chases way outside the zone for a K.

markj

Walked in a run. Still with bases juiced. Sox could tie it here. If they had clutch hitters.

markj

At least JF yanked XB. Anyone is a better choice.

markj

BoSoxFanNY

Didn't expect to win this game.
DANG IT.
It was a game for a while.

Don't want the Yankees to get back into this AL EAST race.

markj

Yanks have a pretty cushy schedule from here on out, so they could very well climb back into this. Sox need to buckle down and take at least two games of this series.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 31, 2017, 08:34:08 PM
Outs!  Get your free outs!  Courtesy of the Red Sox.  We have outs on the base paths, sure outs that we don't make the plays on, and of course, our specialty, the weak ground ball.  We make 37 year old guys look like studs, even when they don't have good stuff.

God this drives me crazy.  That bloop hit last inning by Hicks probably would have been grabbed by an actual 1B, Betts should have had the pop up that the scorer called a hit.  Then a soft ground ball with a triple clutch before a bad throw.  No wonder E-Rod struggled after that.

Ramirez is something like 2 for 20 and Young is 3 for 20 against Sabathia.  Are we sure that Moreland and Holt would be any worse?

You said all there is to say.  Tonight Young went hitless again and how many times in a row has that been.  Go ahead Farrell. you dumb bastard, keep playing him.  Pukegaerts had another 0 for 4.  Sound familiar, and Hanley can't hit lefties this year.  Does Farrell even see this?  And in answer to your question, Moreland would not be any worse than Ramirez or Young.  Notice the shit manager actually punched hit for Pukegaerts in the ninth with the bases loaded, two months too late Farrell, you dumb turd.  Boy did we stink up the joint tonight; four hits, balls that should have been aught and not caught and now we Betts looking like a clown out in the outfield and pretty pathetic at the plate.  These types of games are good reasons why this is a very unlikable  team, and one that you can get to hate as they simply cannot sustain any kind of a real streak.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 31, 2017, 09:22:15 PM
Hate to pile on someone who is down, but XB is useless at the plate.

I've said that for the past three months.  You aren't  surprised, are you.  The guy needs to be benched.....fast.  He and Young are two turds in a pod and they are killing our team out there.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on August 31, 2017, 10:11:22 PM
Didn't expect to win this game.
DANG IT.
It was a game for a while.

Don't want the Yankees to get back into this AL EAST race.

Well as long as Farrell insists on playing that turd Young and that crud Pukegaerts, the Yankees have a good chance to get right back in the race and maybe pass us.  Tonight we looked like a team that can get swept and it wouldn't be the first time we got steamrolled in a four game set at Yankee Stadium, and with the worst manager in baseball leading us, the gutter is the limit.  Man, I despise that no good bastard.

ipot

Just when you think this team can pull out a commanding W like yesterday, you realize it was.....Toronto.

CC was begging the Sox to beat him. And in doing so revealed how mind-numbing this team can be.

List of problems:
1. Bogaerts (what a humiliating descent into nothingness)
2. Betts (BA sinking faster than a cement block in a pond)
3. E-Rod (this guy's toast, sadly.  Future lies in the bullpen)
4. Young (off or on. Now mostly off)
5. Rajai Davis (past his prime as a hitter, not a leadoff guy anymore in spite of speed)
6. Benintendi's baserunning (dumb and dumber)
7. Hembree (just filler, mop up)
8. Hanley (Once in a blue moon he'll remind us how much power he has.  Once in a blue moon.)

And when Devers is struggling it gets even worse.  Nunez and Benintendi are the only reliable hitters on this team. Except the latter can't help himself to free outs on the bases.

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Schloicka

I'm surprised we had such a good August considering all the players that had a bad month hitting. Leon .189, Betts .230, Xman .237, Hanley .232, Young .194, Holt .152,

The guys who had OK months were Devers .263 (bad considering his start but probably to be expected), Davis .250, JBJ .254

The 4 that had good months were Vaz .388, Moreland .347, Benintendi .320 and Nunez .297 (he has been sliding lately).

Pedroia only had 4 at bats in which he was 0-4.

With 8 guys hitting around .250 or less I don't see how the Sox are in first. Better hope the overall pitching stays strong.

ipot

Quote from: Schloicka on September 01, 2017, 02:50:01 AM
I'm surprised we had such a good August considering all the players that had a bad month hitting. Leon .189, Betts .230, Xman .237, Hanley .232, Young .194, Holt .152,

The guys who had OK months were Devers .263 (bad considering his start but probably to be expected), Davis .250, JBJ .254

The 4 that had good months were Vaz .388, Moreland .347, Benintendi .320 and Nunez .297 (he has been sliding lately).

Pedroia only had 4 at bats in which he was 0-4.

With 8 guys hitting around .250 or less I don't see how the Sox are in first. Better hope the overall pitching stays strong.

This is essentially how I'm feeling.  It's exasperating....

Sabathia threw this sound byte out to the press:

Yankees lefty CC Sabathia took exception with Boston's Eduardo Nunez bunting against him in the first inning, calling it "kind of weak" and saying, "It just shows what they got over there."

I know he's just firing up the barbs but, on a literal level, I can't say I disagree with him.  The lineup is "weak."
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

As  DAD would say,  "SON, 4 hits, REALLY"??   BTW, E-ROD is a HEART BREAKER, AKA STIFF !!  thumb_d iono slap rofl

longgame

Quote from: ipot on September 01, 2017, 02:27:32 AM
Just when you think this team can pull out a commanding W like yesterday, you realize it was.....Toronto.

CC was begging the Sox to beat him. And in doing so revealed how mind-numbing this team can be.

List of problems:
1. Bogaerts (what a humiliating descent into nothingness)
2. Betts (BA sinking faster than a cement block in a pond)
3. E-Rod (this guy's toast, sadly.  Future lies in the bullpen)
4. Young (off or on. Now mostly off)
5. Rajai Davis (past his prime as a hitter, not a leadoff guy anymore in spite of speed)
6. Benintendi's baserunning (dumb and dumber)
7. Hembree (just filler, mop up)
8. Hanley (Once in a blue moon he'll remind us how much power he has.  Once in a blue moon.)

And when Devers is struggling it gets even worse.  Nunez and Benintendi are the only reliable hitters on this team. Except the latter can't help himself to free outs on the bases.

Well said.  There are games like this where they just look totally overmatched.  The real key is that good pitching exposes the weakness of this lineup.  Toronto had good starters too, but the Yankees (and Indians, Astros, name your contender here) also have a reasonable bullpen that we can't expect to beat coming from behind every time.