GAME #131, BOSTON RED SOX AT TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Started by Bear, August 28, 2017, 04:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipot

Kimbrel losing his control. Walks Bautista.  It's Papel-Kimbrel time
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

ipot

Let's be simple about it.
Morales has a 1 in 4 chance of hitting the ball safely. 
Kimbrel has a 4 in 5 chance of getting him out. 

And simple works  ;)  Phew....
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Schloicka

Pomerantz wasn't really on tonight letting 12 guys get on base in 6 innings but he fought through it and only 3 of them scored. Reed and Workman both had 123 innings and Kimbrel did finally finish it off. To much drama for me.

markj

Over. Closer than it needed to be, but a win is a win. Sox gain a game back on the Yanks.

BoSoxFanNY

OMG - thought Kimbrel was going to blow it.
Was REALLY nervous.

Sox WIN 6 - 5.
Thank goodness.

AND the Yankees lost.

elktonnick

Vazquez was terrific tonight.  But he won't start tomorrow because Leon catches Sale

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 28, 2017, 08:54:41 PM
Vaz again. Hot bat tonight.

Great four hit game for Vazquez tonight so that means that stupid bastard Farrell benches him tomorrow.  Screw these personal catchers.  Leon is not as good as Vaz right now in just about any capacity and Sale hasn't been that sharp his last two games with Sonny catching.  For God's sake Farrell get your damn head out of your ass and go with the best players.  We need every good bat we can get in the lineup especially with Pukegaerts getting the collar again and Hanley looking at potential RBI's as if they were a hot electrical wire, not to mention Betts looking like carpola at the plate as he continues to have a pukey season.   Farrell--what a useless shit

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 28, 2017, 09:33:07 PM
Over. Closer than it needed to be, but a win is a win. Sox gain a game back on the Yanks.

Right markj, a win is a win and we needed it.  Having said that, let's face it.....this was a reprieve of sorts and little else.  One game is only a start and doesn't make up for the rotten play of the previous four games, and as it was we scraped through tonight.  Good  the Indians beat the Yankees to give a one game leg up after squandering three games previously, but this team is in need of getting their shit together and try to play some decent baseball.  I  had doubts about this team all season and now I have more of that doubt than ever.  What they need to do is bow their necks and show that I am wrong about  about them because right now I think I have this team pretty well squared at the present time.  But a win is better than a loss anytime.

Bill-806

As  DAD would say,  "SON, we love them when they win, and take the love back with a loss"  !!  That's baseball !!  (any sport) thumb_u rofl

ojdidit

This was a nice win that had all the intentions of going south real quick.  Pomeranz had little tonight, but good pitchers find a way of keeping you in the game when they have little in the tank.

longgame

Quote from: Schloicka on August 28, 2017, 09:32:39 PM
Pomerantz wasn't really on tonight letting 12 guys get on base in 6 innings but he fought through it and only 3 of them scored. Reed and Workman both had 123 innings and Kimbrel did finally finish it off. To much drama for me.

Strike zone was pretty small at least for Sox pitchers.  There were a few calls, for Pom and for Kimbrel that could have gone either way. 

It sure would be nice if the Sox could put up some runs and turn games when they give up only 3 runs into laughers. 

Does Farrell remember they have Rajai Davis instead of playing Holt and Young?