GAME #128, BALTIMORE ORIOLES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, August 25, 2017, 01:37:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Mookie with another blown catch. That gold glove is slipping away.

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on August 25, 2017, 04:47:09 PM
This is a favorable pitching matchup, on paper at least.  The bats need to get to Hellickson early.  And I'll take the gamble that Porcello has turned the corner and is back on track.  Careful in the bandbox that's Camden Yards, though.

I thought maybe that might in the cards too IPOT, but it looks like lady luck was out to lunch and the team with it.  Can't second guess Farrell for this because we took an old fashion whooping tonight and if the Yankees pull out their game in extra innings we're down to 3.5 in the lead and that is getting into the dangerous zone.  What happened to Nunez?  Did he get hurt too?  My God, we're falling like flies----and what is taking Pedroia so long to get back in the lineup?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 25, 2017, 08:32:10 PM
26 runs in 2 nights.  Wow.  Give credit to Kelly for taking it for the team out of the pen now too.  I get that they had to use a lot of the bullpen last night, but did it really have to take 10 runs before they could wake Farrell from his early innings nap to pull Porcello?  Would have been better off if they yanked him and ran Velazquez out there.

Plus, why does it seem that most the staff now seems to have Leon as their personal catcher while the superior Vazquez sits? 

First time they'll have back to back losses in 5 weeks, but they need to snap out of this fast.

No more of this personal catcher shit.  Play the hottest hitter behind the plate.  Obvious to me Leon didn't help Porcello at all and Vazques is hitting about 370 at Fenway Park----or doesn't mastermind Farrell know that. 

markj

Thankfully the Yankees lost as well. Still with a 4.5 game lead.

Bear

Another toxic game by our Sox....thankfully the yankees also lost.
We are still at 4.5 games in first. iono

ipot

Alonso's HR for the M's was the best thing that happened.  What an unmitigated disaster.  All their nicknames should have read "Clown" on the back.  It was a circus.  2 in a row like that. 

Yeah, you gotta take it on the chin every so often, but I'm getting eerie reminders that Porcello will fall to pieces again in the postseason. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Muggah

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 25, 2017, 09:53:13 PM
This is a favorable pitching matchup, on paper at least.  The bats need to get to Hellickson early.  And I'll take the gamble that Porcello has turned the corner and is back on track.  Careful in the bandbox that's Camden Yards, though.

I thought maybe that might in the cards too IPOT, but it looks like lady luck was out to lunch and the team with it.  Can't second guess Farrell for this because we took an old fashion whooping tonight and if the Yankees pull out their game in extra innings we're down to 3.5 in the lead and that is getting into the dangerous zone.  What happened to Nunez?  Did he get hurt too?  My God, we're falling like flies----and what is taking Pedroia so long to get back in the lineup?

I mentioned earlier in the week that this team looks like it's already reverting to 2016 playoff form. And now its sloppy, unfocussed fielding and bad base-running is resulting in costly errors and injuries (Betts, Nunez, Bradley Jr.). Our team is currently undisciplined and looks, at times, confused when it comes to implementing the simplest of baseball skills. In a nutshell, we look tired and spent.

Good news is we have time to recover and right this ship; a whole month in fact. But in order for this to happen we're going to need a skipper whose capable of tapping into the kind of outside-the-box motivators that will keep the attention spans of these millennials razor sharp for another 60 days. I'm not sure we have that in Manager John.
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

Bill-806

Nunez goes down....The team is mentally tired..... Lets all take a KNEE and move on to Saturday !!! iono slap

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Muggah on August 26, 2017, 06:07:27 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 25, 2017, 09:53:13 PM

I mentioned earlier in the week that this team looks like it's already reverting to 2016 playoff form. And now its sloppy, unfocussed fielding and bad base-running is resulting in costly errors and injuries (Betts, Nunez, Bradley Jr.). Our team is currently undisciplined and looks, at times, confused when it comes to implementing the simplest of baseball skills. In a nutshell, we look tired and spent.

Good news is we have time to recover and right this ship; a whole month in fact. But in order for this to happen we're going to need a skipper whose capable of tapping into the kind of outside-the-box motivators that will keep the attention spans of these millennials razor sharp for another 60 days. I'm not sure we have that in Manager John.

If your second paragraph is your recipe for what we need Muggah we may be in more trouble than anyone knows.  Farrell does nothing to help win games for us; he only does things that often put the team in mortal danger and for some reason Dombrowski and Henry are totally oblivious to this.