GAME #126, BOSTON RED SOX AT CLEVELAND INDIANS

Started by Bear, August 23, 2017, 01:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Nice job by Devers, Xman, Moreland, Holt & Nunez in the top of the 9th. Nice to see Nunez breaking out after his mini slump.

elktonnick

As much as criticize Farrell, I must give him credit for the way he managed tonight's game.  He took out Pomerantz at exactly the right moment.

BoSoxFanNY

SOX win 6 - 1.
Close game until the top of the 9th inning.

YAHOO!
20 games over .500!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on August 23, 2017, 09:20:08 PM
As much as criticize Farrell, I must give him credit for the way he managed tonight's game.  He took out Pomerantz at exactly the right moment.

You beat me to the punch...again.  As much as I don't like saying it Farrell handled the pitching very well tonight.  If only he could be that consistently good I wouldn't cringe when we get into a close game and depend on him to make the right move (remember Monday?)  I would like to see Pomeranz be able to get into the seventh inning consistently and maybe twirl into the 8th on occasion, but don't take that as a complaint.  He has been terrific for us since June 1.  And we beat Kluber, their ace.  Now can we get Sale some real support so he can get his 15th win tomorrow? Maybe the Tigers might actually win tomorrow and help us out a little if we help ourselves.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on August 23, 2017, 09:23:42 PM
SOX win 6 - 1.
Close game until the top of the 9th inning.

YAHOO!
20 games over .500!

Nail biting time until the ninth inning.......sounds familiar----but it looked to me like the Sox were not going to be denied.  Good to see Kelly finally pitch some good baseball.  We need him, and even better that Nunez might have gotten well again.  We need every bat we can get in that lineup to perform.  Good game tonight.  Please, let's make it three for four tomorrow.

ipot

A big W.  Getting past Kluber, who did pitch a darn good game, is no easy feat.  Hats off to Pomeranz for holding his own and good work by the pen.  And yup Nunez is getting hot again.

Freakin' NYY keep winning though.  Sale needs #15 tomorrow. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

MongoLikeSox

The Yanks are having BP this week with that Tiger staff. Not so good for us.

Nice to see Nunez get a little revenge. It could get interesting tomorrow. 

Bill-806

That  J F  is  genius .......  20 games over 500 with a team that finally got over the "BIG PAPI" HANGOVER !!! thumb_u rofl

longgame

Actually I think Farrell dodged a bullet.  I don't see why Reed came out in the 7th, he's got enough toys to get every matchup he could possibly want to get guys out in the 7th.  I was very worried that Reed would be a bit off after sitting a while and while it didn't cost the game, the right move was someone else to close out the 7th, then Reed, then Kimbrel.  Now, they both also better be available tonight too.

Rob from Mass

I get a laugh when EVERY writer out there writes on great Sale has been .Very rarely if ever has there been
WHERE WOULD THE RED SOX BE WITHOUT POMERANZ.
The easy answer would be NOT CLOSE TO 1ST PLACE.

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on August 24, 2017, 09:12:32 AM
I get a laugh when EVERY writer out there writes on great Sale has been .Very rarely if ever has there been
WHERE WOULD THE RED SOX BE WITHOUT POMERANZ.
The easy answer would be NOT CLOSE TO 1ST PLACE.
  Very TRUE.....However,  Pomeranz   has done it very quietly during a time when "all eyes" were on the floundering offense and wondering how  D D  was going to fix it....  Yes, Nice to see Pomerenz  carring a strong load and doing well !!!!  BTW, the other night when E-ROD missed 1st base on the race to the bag  I think because he was  concerned that he would have stressed the KNEE by hitting the bag at that speed !!!  Just saying.... rofl thumb_u