GAME #125, BOSTON RED SOX AT CLEVELAND INDIANS

Started by Bear, August 22, 2017, 02:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 22, 2017, 03:53:27 PM
Quote from: Bear on August 22, 2017, 03:15:09 PM
Ipot, I hope we're the team laughing at the end.   iono

Don't bank on it Bear.  Have you heard lately a more downtrodden phrase than Fister is pitching tonight for us?  Lot of walks, lot of hits, runs in bunches and our lead down to 3.5 at the end of the night because the Tigers on our their bellies and will offer the yankees nothing but a punching bag.  I'm going to the movies---the rest of you suffer another miserable performance from that bum, more blunders from Farrell in the dugout and the specter of Bogaerts having another ofer, most likely an error and a bunch of men left on base.

Did you enjoy your movie? I didn't realize Dumb & Dumber was still in theaters.

markj

Maybe Fred went out for a crow dinner after the movie. rofl slap

markj

Wow, he did it. Complete game, and a beauty at that. Some good offense to go with it. Very nice.

elktonnick

Fister was sensational.  A one hitter the first in a long time for Boston.  Best performance by a Red Sox starter this year.

Schloicka

That is probably the best pitched game of the year by a Sox pitcher. You just never know. A 1 hitter and faced only 29 batters in the game. (5 in the 1st inning and 3 per inning after) On to Wednesday.

markj

Yankees demolished Detroit, so no ground gained there.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on August 22, 2017, 09:57:47 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 22, 2017, 03:53:27 PM

Don't bank on it Bear.  Have you heard lately a more downtrodden phrase than Fister is pitching tonight for us?  Lot of walks, lot of hits, runs in bunches and our lead down to 3.5 at the end of the night because the Tigers on our their bellies and will offer the yankees nothing but a punching bag.  I'm going to the movies---the rest of you suffer another miserable performance from that bum, more blunders from Farrell in the dugout and the specter of Bogaerts having another ofer, most likely an error and a bunch of men left on base.

Did you enjoy your movie? I didn't realize Dumb & Dumber was still in theaters.

Sorry I missed that picture George.  Tell me when it plays again so i can see you on the screen.  Just let me know which of the two characters you're playing.  And please, save me the crocodile tears.  You had no more idea that Fister was going to pitch a gem than any of the rest of us did and if you say otherwise you need a lot more bran in your diet.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 22, 2017, 10:00:17 PM

If I did I must have had some choice company since the whole lot of us here didn't think much of our chances tonight, but I will always eat crow when I'm wrong and will freely admit it.  As you know mark there are some here who won't do that if their lives depended on it.  Good to come back after last night's disappointment though.  I'm still a little chapped at how Farrell once again let one get away with some dumb managing.  Tomorrow will be a challenge though and I hope we're up to it.

markj

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 22, 2017, 10:48:18 PM
Quote from: markj on August 22, 2017, 10:00:17 PM

If I did I must have had some choice company since the whole lot of us here didn't think much of our chances tonight, but I will always eat crow when I'm wrong and will freely admit it.  As you know mark there are some here who won't do that if their lives depended on it.  Good to come back after last night's disappointment though.  I'm still a little chapped at how Farrell once again let one get away with some dumb managing.  Tomorrow will be a challenge though and I hope we're up to it.
Yeah, hindsight is 20/20. Easy to poke fun after the fact. I'm as surprised and happy about tonight's win as anybody. I just wish Fister could string more of these outings together.

ipot

It IS funny.  I'm laughing my butt off.  ;D ;D ;D ;D I was 100 percent right about it being comical.  Anyone who picked to Fister throw a CG 1 hitter would have won a 9 figure lotto.  Maybe Fister's immediate family took the bet but surely no one else...

We won a game that we needed to.  The NYY won. 

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

BoSoxFanNY

My apologies and thanks to Doug Fister.
He pitched a GEM tonight - one run and a complete game!

AND run support.

Sox WIN 9 - 1.

YAHOOOOO!

Bear

Excuse me but, since when are we poking fun at members here?
Someone owes Fred an apology...seriously.
Some of you were an embarrassment tonite.  Please take the proper
steps and straighten this out.
BEAR

Bill-806

As  DAD would say, "SON, I told you that when  D D  brought the VETERAN FISTER in, we were getting a pitcher with a SINKER ball, a SINKER ball is always a great pitch " !!!   9 runs was great to see, too !! thumb_u rofl

ojdidit

Afterthoughts Johnson and Fister pitch two best games of the year. Go figure.

Rob from Mass

Crow and eggs for breakfast.Geez wonder how that taste.