GAME #124, BOSTON RED SOX AT CLEVELAND INDIANS

Started by Bear, August 21, 2017, 01:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Barnes contributes nothing except a 2-on, no-out situation.

markj

Meatball Matt and Can't Hold-em Hembree team up to blow another one.

elktonnick

I can't understand why Farrell has so much confidence in Barnes.   Barnes looked awful from his first pitch.  He had nothing and I think he knew it from his body language.   This is the problem when E-Rod starts.  Because he rarely makes through 6 innings he puts a heck of a lot of pressure on the bull pen.

markj

Scott gets them out of it. Damage done, though.

ipot

Quote from: markj on August 21, 2017, 09:22:47 PM
Meatball Matt and Can't Hold-em Hembree team up to blow another one.

The usually reliable Meatball has been slipping lately.  Hembree is always a coin flip.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

I feel that way about Barnes. I cringe whenever he comes in.

markj

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Schloicka

Vaz must be slower that I thought. Only a single on a ball that hits the cf wall. Of course it might of helped if he had been running full speed out of the box.

ipot

Workman about to lose the game in 3....2.....
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

Lousy play by Holt.  He would have been safe anyway.   NYY trail by 4 1/2.
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

That wasn't Workman's fault. Stupid throw by Holt. Not that you couldn't see this ending coming.

markj

What was with Holt double pumping that throw? If you're committed, throw it.

Of course you also have to look at the offense depending on two HRs tonight to get things done. Other than those, which were both helped by walks, the offense sucked tonight.

BoSoxFanNY

DANG IT!

Was hoping that this bullpen could hold the lead.

On another note - Indians lost Miller and Santana tonight to injuries. . .