GAME #99, BOSTON RED SOX AT LA ANGELS

Started by Bear, July 22, 2017, 01:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

RED SOX V ANGELS

SATURDAY, JULY 22, 2017, 9 PM AT ANGEL STADIUM OF ANAHEIM

TV:  NESN, FS-W

BOSTON, (55-43)..............................................................................................ANAHEIM, (47-51)

BOSTON:

DAVID PRICE, LHP, 5-2, 3.39 ERA, 58K

The lefty had is strongest performance of the campaign in his last outing,
striking out eight in eight scoreless innings in a win over the Yankees.  Price
looks to be back in prime form after missing the first two months of the season.

ANAHEIM:

JC RAMIREZ, RHP, 8-8, 4.54 ERA, 86K

Ramirez was charged with the loss against the Rays on Saturday after allowing
four runs over six innings.  The 28-year-old right-hander has recorded a 0.90 ERA
over ten innings in five career appearance against the Red sox, including one start.

Price aims to keep dealing vs. Ramirez, Halos

Kaelen Jones

The Red Sox will send veteran left-hander David Price to the mound to face the Angels opposite right-hander JC Ramirez on Saturday night at Angel Stadium.

The matchup will mark the second time Price and Ramirez have opposed each other this season after both started a June 24 tilt at Fenway Park.

Ramirez (8-8, 4.54 ERA) outdueled Price in the first meeting, earning a win following six innings of one-run ball. Meanwhile, Price (5-2, 3.39) relinquished three runs (two earned) over six innings en route to picking up just his second loss of the season.

In fact, the defeat to the Halos marked the last time Price was charged with a loss. During his latest outing against the Yankees on Sunday, he tossed a season-high eight scoreless innings while fanning eight batters.

Ramirez was not as successful in his first outing of the second half. He allowed four runs on eight hits and a walk in a losing effort against the Rays. He'll seek to earn his second home victory of the season, as he's posted a 1-5 home record in nine starts this year.

THREE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THIS GAME

• Angels star center fielder Mike Trout owns a .158 career batting average (3-for-19, three walks) in 22 plate appearances against Price, striking out nine times.

• Price has given up two earned runs across 20 innings (0.90 ERA) over his last three starts. He's posted a 2-0 record and recorded 22 strikeouts against four walks during that span.

• In five career appearances (one start) against the Red Sox, Ramirez is 1-0 and has posted a 0.90 ERA across 10 innings.

http://m.redsox.mlb.com/news/article/243556522/price-aims-to-keep-dealing-vs-ramirez-halos/?topicId=26688836

RED SOX LINEUP:

Red Sox at LAA:

Betts RF,
Benintendi LF,
Pedroia 2B,
Ramirez 1B,
Bradley Jr. CF,
Bogaerts SS,
Moreland DH,
Vazquez C,
Holt 3B,

Price LHP

Rob from Mass

Price rolling in July to the tune of a 0.9 ERA.

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on July 22, 2017, 10:53:21 AM
Price rolling in July to the tune of a 0.9 ERA.
  That's great !!  Game  99 means that we have to make up for the defeats of April, May & June !!   Go Price & SOX too !! thumb_u rofl

MongoLikeSox

My wife (pet nicknamed Battle Axe) and I had this conversation about the west coast games and falling asleep last night. Taken out of context

Battle Axe: "Funny thing about those late games, they always seem to do what they were going to do no matter if we miss it or not."
Mongo: "Oh, sweetie, that's not entirely true."
Battle Axe: <after a pause and a laugh> "duh! I forgot about that part."    :) 

Of course, my Southern Belle of 30 years is like the ultimate Mongo dream wife. After 2 long games this past weekend, the 1st Sunday Yankees' game was nearing 1st pitch, she asks,  "Mind if I turn on the game?" . Why of course not, dear.  :)   After is was over, she then suggested, um, let's just say the subject matter of the 70's hit by the Starland Vocal band.   sigh   Oh woe is me.  We remerge from a period of meditation and internal reflection in time for her to ask, "mind if we watch the second game during dinner?"  My only reply, "if you or anyone ever wonders why I still call you my dream girl after 30 years ....."    thumb_u    thumb_u   

(all apologies for any possible TMI moments on my story, but I just had to share with someone.)

Bill-806

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 22, 2017, 12:22:03 PM
My wife (pet nicknamed Battle Axe) and I had this conversation about the west coast games and falling asleep last night. Taken out of context

Battle Axe: "Funny thing about those late games, they always seem to do what they were going to do no matter if we miss it or not."
Mongo: "Oh, sweetie, that's not entirely true."
Battle Axe: <after a pause and a laugh> "duh! I forgot about that part."    :) 

Of course, my Southern Belle of 30 years is like the ultimate Mongo dream wife. After 2 long games this past weekend, the 1st Sunday Yankees' game was nearing 1st pitch, she asks,  "Mind if I turn on the game?" . Why of course not, dear.  :)   After is was over, she then suggested, um, let's just say the subject matter of the 70's hit by the Starland Vocal band.   sigh   Oh woe is me.  We remerge from a period of meditation and internal reflection in time for her to ask, "mind if we watch the second game during dinner?"  My only reply, "if you or anyone ever wonders why I still call you my dream girl after 30 years ....."    thumb_u    thumb_u   

(all apologies for any possible TMI moments on my story, but I just had to share with someone.)
[/b]   B I N G O  dat  !!!

markj

Price is looking weak here. 3-0 lead quickly becomes 3-2.

markj

And just like that the Sox are down 4-3.

Schloicka

Missed DP chance when Pedroia fell and letting Trout walk after having him 1-2 in the count hurt big time that inning. 4-3 Sox after 3 innings.

markj

This ump sux. Two low and outside strike calls against Moreland.

markj

markj

Gawd, this ump of full of shit. He K'd Moreland on pitches that were far worse than the 3 balls he just called against Price. He's giving Price nothing unless it's way over the plate. :losers thumb_d

markj

Out of that inning with no further damage, despite the lopsided pitch calling.

markj

Ump rings up Benintendi on a pitch that he called a ball 3 times against Price.

markj

Farrell finally has enough of this BS umpire.

markj

This game could go south in a hurry here.