GAME #92, NEW YORK YANKEES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, July 16, 2017, 02:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

2 unearned runs because of the Xman error. 2-0 Yanks.

ipot

Yankees got the 1 run they need to win.  Insult to injury by making it a blow out at 2-0.

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

JBJ just turned on the pathetic switch again.  ::)
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

longgame

Doesn't look good.  They haven't scored in the last 17 innings, then the one in the third yesterday, and the walk-in-off the day before.

And now 3-0 and this game is pretty much over.

Schloicka

I don't know if we need a 3rd baseman or not (with so many other players doing nothing) but if DD is going to get one do it now. Don't wait until the end of July and let another 14 games go by. Either make a trade or bring Devers up. I'm tired of hearing about it. Plus I'd let Shaw play 1st base more often since Moreland is only hitting .216 since June 1st. Need to shake things up.

longgame

Quote from: Schloicka on July 16, 2017, 01:40:46 PM
I don't know if we need a 3rd baseman or not (with so many other players doing nothing) but if DD is going to get one do it now. Don't wait until the end of July and let another 14 games go by. Either make a trade or bring Devers up. I'm tired of hearing about it. Plus I'd let Shaw play 1st base more often since Moreland is only hitting .216 since June 1st. Need to shake things up.

I think you mean Travis, I do the same thing!  I agree on not waiting, the time is now.  Each day they lose a game the price goes up for less service.

elktonnick

Once again the X man fails to drive in a run from third.  Waugh!

Schloicka

Quote from: longgame on July 16, 2017, 01:46:23 PM
Quote from: Schloicka on July 16, 2017, 01:40:46 PM

I think you mean Travis, I do the same thing!  I agree on not waiting, the time is now.  Each day they lose a game the price goes up for less service.

Yes meant Travis. I must be having flashbacks.

Schloicka

Decent game for Porcello. Gave up 1 earned run. Had 6 k's and no walks. No help from Xman behind him though. Cost 2 more runs. And no run support again.

ipot

Horror show keeps puttering. CC probably thinking he's back to his vintage self. Well, he hasn't faced the Lowell Spinners! So how's that!? 8)

I wish I could j
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ojdidit

Is the NY piching that good or Boston hitting that bad?  I lean towards hitting being that bad. XB is a wreck at SS. Metrics or eyeball he is now a below average SS. Here is the future: XB at third, Devers at first and Travis/Devers flip flop between first and DH.

Schloicka

10 times this year the Sox have failed to score a run while Porcello was in the game.

elktonnick

X man in a long slump.  He looks lost at the plate.

Bill-806

What is so difficult to play FUNDERMENTAL baseball ???  Does anyone go to the opposite field, bunt, hit/run, smart/aggressive baseball any more ???? thumb_d :losers iono slap rofl

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on July 16, 2017, 02:17:17 PM
X man in a long slump.  He looks lost at the plate.
  Would anyone here dare to trade the X/MAN ??  D D has to be BOLD & always open to a BLOCK BUSTER !!!!