GAME #87, BOSTON RED SOX AT TAMPA BAY RAYS

Started by Bear, July 07, 2017, 01:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

THE HITTING RETURNED AND THE POWER WAS ON TONIGHT.  i KNOW WE'RE NOT A POWER TEAM BUT WE SHOULD BE HITTING MORE HOME RUNS THAN WE HAVE BEEN.  THE WARM WEATHER SHOULD HELP, THOUGH IT WASN'T ALL THAT HOT IN THE DOME TONIGHT.  POM GAVE US SIX DEENT INNINGS BUT I SURE WOULD LIKE TO SEE HIM GET TO THE SEVENTH OR EIGHTH INNING ONCE IN AWHILE, BUT I'LL TAKE WHAT HE'S BEEN DOING.  A GOD WIN TONIGHT.  LET'S NOT LET UP NOW, THOUGH.  KEEP THE LINE MOVING.

markj

Yankmees are down by 5 runs in the 9th. Sox could pick up a game here.

markj

Sale, Pomeranz, and Barnes are at the top of the Sox pitching stats. Sale doesn't surprise me, but who'd have though Pomeranz and Barnes would be right there in wins and ERA?

markj

Yankees lose. Sox up by 4.5 (3 in the loss column).

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Bill-806 on July 07, 2017, 06:52:12 PM
In my 69 years, I have nevaa seen a double play like that !!! thumb_u rofl
This is one for the ages. Player bunts into a double play without aide of a force-play or getting himself out. Strange play.   

Rob from Mass

Quote from: markj on July 07, 2017, 11:47:40 PM
Yankees lose. Sox up by 4.5 (3 in the loss column).
Nice to point out out the loss column.To many get excited  over games ahead.

Bill-806

Another one that we don't have to win in September.... Take care of Saturday, Sunday & then rest for four days !!

Bear

Rob from Mass

It seems like every game he plays the little dude from Taiwan is in the mix. He has been in 14 games between 2b   3b and SS without an E.
Before he got here it was seemed like a  miracle to get thru 14 innings without an E.

Rob from Mass

Playing in the DUMP with its cool stagnant air seemed to get the bats going or it could have been those 5 swings in BP.

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on July 08, 2017, 07:55:33 AM
It seems like every game he plays the little dude from Taiwan is in the mix. He has been in 14 games between 2b   3b and SS without an E.
Before he got here it was seemed like a  miracle to get thru 14 innings without an E.
  B I N G O dat  !!! thumb_u rofl

Rob from Mass

Command  was an issue for Pomeranz but the guy seems to hang in there and doesn't  cave in.All of his June  starts only 8 walks and 5 last night.If indeed this is what he is a 6 inning guy then I hope they keep him following Sale who saves the pen on most starts.

ojdidit

I am now a full-fledged Pomeranz supporter.  I have seen the light. I have gone though reeducated. Last night was the convincing game. One measure of a pitcher is if he is able to keep his team in the game when things are not going as planned.  Sure Pomeranz was squeezed on some calls, but generally, he walked a baseball tightrope the last three innings. The bottom line he extracted himself from the various jams. Yes â€" good defense contributed, but so did the good pitching.