GAME #85, BOSTON RED SOX AT TEXAS RANGERS

Started by Bear, July 05, 2017, 01:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leesam01

Schloicka

Of course Xman gets a hr when it probably won't matter to much.

markj

Wow, that stupid error by the 1B screwed Cashner. Now there goes another hit.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 05, 2017, 10:25:10 PM
Wow, that stupid error by the 1B screwed Cashner. Now there goes another hit.

Well you can't do much when you can't get a hit for six innings plus, and especially when you have a complete dud like Fister on the mound.  The bum was released by his first team this season (was it the Nationals or the Tigers?), signed by the Angels and released by them and now he is stinking up the ball field for our team.  Hopefully when E-Rod gets back and there are no more injuries to our rotation we can send him to the bullpen, or better yet, send him out of town.  The guy just doesn't to know how to stop shitting the bed.

Well tomorrow if we bear down we can start another streak.....just get Chris Sale some support and our chances are good.

ipot

Well, XB gets to pad his stats and ruin Cashner's day. 

I heard Fister is wandering along the side of the freeway that connects Dallas to Ft. Worth.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bear

Rodriguez should be returning soon. iono

MongoLikeSox

I was stuck with the Ranger's telecast last night before falling asleep. They were very solemn in their demeanor as they were talking about the butt whupping their team had received the last two nights. It was like they were talking in careful tones in a room full of people at a taken-too-early-in-life funueral.

They did get more alive as Fister kept serving up hanging grapefruit.

I know all teams get excited when one of theirs hits a big one, but it seems the Rangers and the whole darned stadium just goes into a next level frenzy. I can see why this team is all about the bomb and there are so may low averages, decent HR numbers and huge K's. That Odor feller - looks like Fievel, swings like Dave Kingman.

Bill-806

As DAD would say,  "SON, you can't win them ALL" !!  But, it would have been great to sweep the Rangers and run it to  7 straight !!  Oh well, its on to Tampa Bay.... Go SOX   thumb_u

Rob from Mass

Fister was only a Sox since  there were not other alternatives.  I would much rather see pitch than Owens.The loss was not the end of the season.Baseball is a long season and it's day by day wins and losses.We need to take the losses in stride as they will come.

longgame

I thought it was funny that they had two games where the Sox won and the crowd had to sit through a long game to get through to the fireworks.  When the Rangers won last night, nobody was there, especially late in the game.

Well you can't win every game in baseball and they were due for a loss with a clunker of an offensive performance like that.

3B will be interesting.  They're in first place so some of the thinking has to be "keep doing what we're doing while we get ERod back and Price and hopefully Porcello come into form and we ride out the 3B situation", or "this is a good chance to win it all this year and if we could just get some pop in a regular 3B it would be the missing piece."

Bill-806

Quote from: Bear on July 05, 2017, 11:43:36 PM
  A GREE, but we certainly do not know what wee are going to get.... There once was a company in Massachusetts called   N C R ,  aka   NEVER COMPLETLY RELIABLE  !!!  I would say trade him at the NAVY'S earliest possible convenience  !!!! thumb_d rofl

Rob from Mass

Quote from: Bear on July 05, 2017, 11:43:36 PM

He will fly to TB and throw a BP session.If they like what they see he will stay and work from the pen the last 2 games .If not back to the Pawsox and another rehab start.

Sea Dog 23

Sox apparently got worn out in the heat.  If memory serves, we got two hits from our top four in the lineup last two games total.

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 06, 2017, 10:39:26 AM
Sox apparently got worn out in the heat.  If memory serves, we got two hits from our top four in the lineup last two games total.
  & that's what happened to Davey Crockett & the boys at the ALAMO, just toooo darn HOT in Texas !! rofl