GAME #85, BOSTON RED SOX AT TEXAS RANGERS

Started by Bear, July 05, 2017, 01:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on July 05, 2017, 05:05:14 PM
Hopefully, Fister continues to at least keep the game close thru 5-6 innings.Get 7 straight and head to TB with a 4 game lead where it matters the most.

The one thing  that I agree totally with the third base situation that has been mentioned is that I don't want Sandoval up here under any circumstances.  Salary and contract be damned.  He can't field, he can't throw and he can't run, he can't hit right handed and he isn't too swift left handed either.  Keep him the heck away from our team.  He is a total sunk cost and the team is going great guns right now.  We do not need someone to bum it up---which b rings me to Fister.  A lot of you are saying he's done well so far.  NOT ME!!!!!  I was in attendance two Sundays ago when he was facing the Angels.  A reversed call on a possible inning ending double play prolonged the inning with the Halos holding only a 1-0 lead. Fister could have and should have bowed his neck and gotten that last out.  Instead he got the crap knocked out of him with two booming doubles and a rope single for two more runs.  Instead of possibly winning 2-1 we lost 4-2.  Last Friday he got bombed for three runs in the first inning against Toronto and it  good a gutty and courageous comeback from our team to wring out a dramatic extra inning win in the opener in Toronto.  Instead of his giving the other team a fist he gave his team a middle finger twice.  Maybe that's why he has been released from a couple of teams already.  He needs to go out there tonight and get us a win by pitching solid baseball and his teammates giving him good support to make that happen.

Good news on another front.  This afternoon Toronto beat the Yankees 7-6, so we have an opportunity to pick up a little more ground in the AL East race.  Every little bit helps and the way the team has seemingly come on lately we need all hands pulling in the same direction.  Let's go our there and do the job again. We're now capable of doing just that.

Rob from Mass

Rob from Mass

markj

Not a good way to start the 2nd inning. Double and a dinger. Sox down 2-0.

markj

Another inning, another dinger. Now 3-0 Rangers.

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on July 05, 2017, 09:22:24 PM
Another inning, another dinger. Now 3-0 Rangers.

That's what happens when the pitch does nothing but sit in the middle of the plate. Texas doesn't get cheated when they swing.

markj

Not that the Sox offense is doing anything to help. They've been no-hit through 4 innings so far.

Schloicka

Hard to hold a team like Texas down for 3 games.

markj

I suspect the game is about to get out of hand this inning.

markj

Sure enough. 6-0 in a game where the Sox have no hits. Not gonna take this one.

How did Fister end up with just 4 ER? The only error was his and I didn't think that led to 2 runs. At best he might have gotten one out.

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on July 05, 2017, 09:52:06 PM

How did Fister end up with just 4 ER? The only error was his and I didn't think that led to 2 runs. At best he might have gotten one out.

They figured that only 4 runs would of scored without his error. They figured he would of had 1 out and only 1 more could score on the 2 fly balls outs since the 2nd fly ball out a run couldn't of scored because it would of been the 3rd out.

Leesam01

Just checking in, looks like Fister did horribly, and Scott just beaned two batters in a row. No hits no runs for the good guys. At least NYY lost today.

And let's hope we never see Panda again.

markj

Quote from: Schloicka on July 05, 2017, 10:05:30 PM
Quote from: markj on July 05, 2017, 09:52:06 PM

They figured that only 4 runs would of scored without his error. They figured he would of had 1 out and only 1 more could score on the 2 fly balls outs since the 2nd fly ball out a run couldn't of scored because it would of been the 3rd out.

Ok, make sense. Still seems odd the runs aren't earned since it was his error, but rules are rules, I guess.

markj

It goes from bad to worse. Two HBP turn into two runs.

ipot

Well, it's not going to be a lucky 7 straight.   Right now, avoid embarrassment and get a freakin' hit. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee