GAME #37, TAMPA BAY RAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, May 14, 2017, 04:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

Like I said the other day, this is the team we have.  Benitendi has been slumping the past few days, but otherwise most guys are right around their averages and the pitchers are pitching as well as they can (which if it's not one of the top 3 starters or Kimbrel means not very well).  Hembree and Barnes are just awful, I have no confidence in either, mainly because neither of them has any control and ends up getting behind and having to throw over the heart of the plate. 

They did make a big deal of showing Fat Panda working out.  Does anyone think that having an overweight 3B is the answer to this team's woes?

I wonder who's going to start next weekend?  We are down to three starters.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on May 15, 2017, 08:25:30 AM
Like I said the other day, this is the team we have.  Benitendi has been slumping the past few days, but otherwise most guys are right around their averages and the pitchers are pitching as well as they can (which if it's not one of the top 3 starters or Kimbrel means not very well).  Hembree and Barnes are just awful, I have no confidence in either, mainly because neither of them has any control and ends up getting behind and having to throw over the heart of the plate. 

They did make a big deal of showing Fat Panda working out.  Does anyone think that having an overweight 3B is the answer to this team's woes?

Looks like we'l see wild man Owens again whether we want to or not.  We better draft some real pi tchers this coming June.  What we have stored in our system is nothing but excess trash.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 15, 2017, 09:42:06 AM

I can't criticize them not having minor league talent, they've used it for trade talent and more importantly, they have produced the entire OF, most of the IF and one of two catchers.  They can even claim Hanley as home grown for that matter.  The one thing they haven't done successfully is develop pitching in the minors for some reason. 

Looks like we'l see wild man Owens again whether we want to or not.  We better draft some real pi tchers this coming June.  What we have stored in our system is nothing but excess trash.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 15, 2017, 09:42:06 AM

I have seen Owens a number of times at Pawtucket with seats just to the right of home plate. The guy has pretty damn good stuff. Simply can`t master any command at all.He seems like if anything is regressing the last 3 season with his control. I find that as very strange. There is no doubt the AAA coaches are trying to figure him out but its just something he can`t get better at .

Bill-806

Not being able to put the ball over the plate might work in Sunday Morning Bar Room softball, but certainly not at the  M L level...... Please, please do not bring Owens up..... Thanking you in advance !!