GAME #37, TAMPA BAY RAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, May 14, 2017, 04:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Hanley is the beneficiary of two bad throws to 1st today.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: Schloicka on May 14, 2017, 04:18:00 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 14, 2017, 03:47:53 PM
No heart, no guts and no balls.  This team is just plain shitty.  They make blunder after blunder, mistake after mistake, and, yet they n ever seem to learn from them.  They just keep making the same.  Have anyone ever seen a team so fundamentally screwed up as this team.  Now Marrero turns into a pumpkin and why Barnes is ever in there pitching in a close game still befuddles me except that I know Farrell is a stubborn son of a bitch with a modicum of a brain who will keep doing the same thing over and over and hope for better results.  Right now I wish I could cancel my trip in June and get my money back.  I would honor Papi in another way and keep my money and sanity.  Hey Pruney, DD, Farrell---@#$% YOU!!!!!!!!

Not sure what Marrero has done wrong to have turned into a pumpkin but he's made all the plays so far at 3rd except for a wind blown ball down the 3rd base line that should of been caught by Xman but Xman was to lazy to hustle over to get involved. It wasn't a routine play by any stretch of the imagination for a 3rd baseman especially with the wind blowing the way it is.
Marrero is ok in the field but his bat is terrible. He can`t even hit better than .240 in the minors .So he won`t hit while up.

Schloicka

Quote from: Rob from Mass on May 14, 2017, 04:28:15 PM
No heart, no guts and no balls.  This team is just plain shitty.  They make blunder after blunder, mistake after mistake, and, yet they n ever seem to learn from them.  They just keep making the same.  Have anyone ever seen a team so fundamentally screwed up as this team.  Now Marrero turns into a pumpkin and why Barnes is ever in there pitching in a close game still befuddles me except that I know Farrell is a stubborn son of a bitch with a modicum of a brain who will keep doing the same thing over and over and hope for better results.  Right now I wish I could cancel my trip in June and get my money back.  I would honor Papi in another way and keep my money and sanity.  Hey Pruney, DD, Farrell---@#$% YOU!!!!!!!!

Not sure what Marrero has done wrong to have turned into a pumpkin but he's made all the plays so far at 3rd except for a wind blown ball down the 3rd base line that should of been caught by Xman but Xman was to lazy to hustle over to get involved. It wasn't a routine play by any stretch of the imagination for a 3rd baseman especially with the wind blowing the way it is.
Marrero is ok in the field but his bat is terrible. He can`t even hit better than .240 in the minors .So he won`t hit while up.

I don't expect him to hit a lot. But he's done a decent job at 3rd.

Bill-806

SOX Bullpen ??   REALLY,  Drain that swamp, at least 5 of them have to go !!  Take some of the management/coaches with them !! thumb_d

BoSoxFanNY

I have had enough of Ross and Hembree.
UGH

How did they lose this series to the Rays????????

NOT the Mother's Day gift that I wanted.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on May 14, 2017, 03:53:02 PM

The 2 teams that were picked for the WS sox and cubbies are both finding out that the experts don`t know what the hell they are talking about.

The Cubs are just slumping badly.  Whether there was a hangover from the long season last year or whether they have come back to earth is debatable.  We just know that teams that are up one uear can be down the next.  It has been happening more frequently the past few years and you only have to look at the Red Sox to know that.  As for us, the experts just didn't take into consideration some things people on this board were able to point out before the season began.  One point seemed to outstretch all the rest......and that was John Farrell.  He is without a doubt the worst manager imaginable for our team and a shitty one besides that.  The team is weak fundamentally, he keeps making the same mistakes with his strategy, his batting order is out of whack but he doesn nothing to change it, the team looks listless and diffident and they seem to possess no heart whatsoever.  We are just a gutless team without the requisites needed for a winning team.  Where is the leaders on this team, where is the urgency, where is the heart?  Rob, it all starts at the top and unless Dumbo is going to come out of hiding and get rid of Farrell this team will continue to stumble.  We never ever ever ever should have let Lovullo go.  The team's chances might have gone by the boards the second we gave Arizona permission to interview him.  Now who might there be to plug this sinking ship?

Bill-806

11 - 2  ??? &  J F has the ordasity to come out & check to see if the ball made the TOP ????  Time to FIRE a lot of people here !!! thumb_d

ojdidit

Quote from: Rob from Mass on May 14, 2017, 03:49:31 PM
Quote from: ojdidit on May 14, 2017, 03:44:20 PM
Hope Barnes enjoys Pawtucket. Maybe give Valazquez or Workman another look? When I guy comes in and starts it off with a walk it is - for me - the ultimate pitching sin.

Bradley and Benintendi are killing this offense.

Add Big Ben Taylor to the ride down to Pawtucket with Barnes.

We're going to need a bigger bus. :P

SeaBeachFred

Actualy George, he was a pumpkin BEFORE he got to play.  For the better part of a half-decade this former first round draft choice has been a no-show both in the minors and Majors.  This guy is no first rounder in the first place, and between him and the lazy Bogaerts there should be a pre-plan on what to do on a hit ball, and it is always the duty of the SS to get a ball like that.  It points out for the umpteenth time just how weak this team is in fundamentals and common sense and it all starts at the top.  My opinion has been set in stone since BEFORE the season.   This debacle will not end until Farrell is replaced.  He is the worst manager in the game, in strategy, in teaching and in leadership.  He must have his nose so far up Prune Face's ass that the moronic owner just can't let go of him......and it's only going to get worse.  After that next two game series in St, Louis we will be under 500 and destined to stay there.

Muggah

Mark the date on your calendar, folks---May 14th. It's the day this team officially quit on its manager. And if you need tangible evidence, pay close attention to Sox dugout shots (which, btw, are becoming increasingly sparse). Interaction between Farrell and his players is now almost non-existent. And it's clear these players are consciously choosing to put space between themselves and their manager.

It's clear to me---and it should be to everyone else---that there are in-house issues that to date have gone unreported by the press. One has to wonder why. Is it the Farrell sycophants in the media still covering for his lack of ability? Has Prune issued a mandate?

And I am now fully convinced that Prune Face alone is behind Farrell's continued presence. Dombrowski simply would not allow such a talented group to drift so hopelessly into oblivion without changing leadership in the dugout.
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

elktonnick

Muggah "ole friend" your observation is right on target.  This club has quit on its manager and the "optics" of the dugout reveal the most unreported aspect of this team of the current club, all is not right in the clubhouse.

First lets start with Pomerantz who in my view is the second coming of Clay "Barney Fife" Buccholtz.  Shoulder tightness in his biceps!!.  Isn't this the second or third time he has had some twinge that has caused him to leave a game or miss a start.  I smell a giant "wuss". 

This team played today's game as if they were the cast of the "Walking Dead"  Moreland still drives me crazy because he refuses to go the other way against the shift and instead tries to pull every pitch.  Of late if he isn't striking out he rolls over a weak grounder to 2nd.  Today at least he got a walk.

This game was a travesty.  I could write more but my blood pressure is already rising.

markj

What a disastrous 9th. Glad I didn't stick around for it. Hembree has become useless. Send him and Ross back to Pawtucket.

ipot

Missed the second half of the game. But, I'll be the outlier here - I won't blame the pen.  If you can't mange more than 2 runs and 6 hits, it don't matter whether you lose 3-2, 4-2, 5-2. 

You can only ride so much on last inning heroics like Mookie's in Minnesota.  The hitting is abysmal.  That is the problem.  And expect a 450 clip or so for some time.  Farrell ain't gonna fix it, either.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Well at least we are all 100% certain that we won't lose tomorrow.  However, after Monday's reprieve it's back to TSOS, a probable loss in St. Louis.  Muggah and Elk have hit the nail on the head with their take on things and it seems to go pretty much with what Bear, IPOT and I have been saying all along.  I don't have to ask markj what his take is because his short missives speak volumes about his disgust with our ineptness.  Sometimes I even wonder about Dombrowski.  He trades for Carson Smith before the 2016 season and he doesn't pitch at all for us.  He does the same with a trade for Thornburg after last year and he is a no-show.  As for Poopie Pants, just look at the guy.  If he doesn't have that deer in the headlight look about him, no one does.  He is exactly what Elk called him, a Barney Fife Clay Buchholz type, a loser to the core.  Well friends, this is what we have.  Before the season the pundits, maybe I should say the flunkies working for Prune Face at the Globe, all waxed poetic about our team and insisted the Yankees were young and two years away and the Orioles had both talent and character issues.  Well we know that was total BS.  For the record, since the collapse back in September, 2011, the Red Sox have pretty much been a bottom feeder in the league.....last, WS Champs (farce), last, last, first in AL East and now this.  I'd say the record for the most part has been pretty shitty.

Bill-806

Big changes coming, they have to !!!   This "product" is  3-A at its best !!