GAME #26, BALTIMORE ORIOLES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, May 02, 2017, 02:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Quote from: Rob from Mass on May 02, 2017, 03:42:46 PM
Holt has experienced symptoms of vertigo again. Sox not sure when he’ll go back on a rehab.

That can't be a good thing. I hope it isn't something serious. Hate to see his career take a hit.

Rob from Mass

Sox recalled RHP Brandon Workman from Pawtucket. He has pitched in relief and has looked good  .In 8 innings   1H....1BB   and 11Ks.

ipot

Quote from: markj on May 02, 2017, 04:32:12 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on May 02, 2017, 03:42:46 PM
Holt has experienced symptoms of vertigo again. Sox not sure when he’ll go back on a rehab.

That can't be a good thing. I hope it isn't something serious. Hate to see his career take a hit.

I had something like that.  Batteries of tests.  It was something known as BPV. benign Positional Vertigo.  It has do with tiny crystals in our inner ear that are sensors for our balance.  They can get dislodged.  It ended up taking a simple exercise of moving the head around with a Physical Therapist to move them back in place. It happens for many reasons - allergies, exercise, etc.  Within an hour - poof it was gone.  Scary but harmless.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

elktonnick

Has any one noticed what Travis Shaw has been doing?  6 HRs .263 BA

markj

Hanley with another dinger. Shame no one was on base.

markj

Hanley again. Very deep. And again, no one on base.

markj

Sale gives it right back on the first pitch.

markj

Hernandez jumps the gun and gets nailed at home. Not smart. He had time to go back to third and tried to force the issue.

Leesam01

Quote from: markj on May 02, 2017, 08:09:24 PM
Hernandez jumps the gun and gets nailed at home. Not smart. He had time to go back to third and tried to force the issue.

Yes, terrible play by Hernandez (and/or the 3rd base coach).

Leesam01

Nice drive by Betts to salvage the inning the Sox almost squandered.

markj

Mookie drives in a couple. That's more like it.

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on May 02, 2017, 08:09:24 PM

It was a go on contact play. He did what he was supposed to do. Just unfortunate it didn't go past the pitcher. It's a predetermined play.

Leesam01

Ok, what was that???? Why not an infield fly rule (to my understanding, can still be called when it's in shallow part of outfield).

markj

Not what I saw, Geo. I watched the replay closely. He didn't go on contact. He didn't budge until the ball was up beside the mound, then he went. He had plenty of time to stay on 3rd.

That was a bizarre play. Why did JBJ not go to first? It seems you could manufacture a triple play like that whenever you have a popup and men on 1st and 2nd.

longgame

Quote from: markj on May 02, 2017, 08:38:01 PM
Not what I saw, Geo. I watched the replay closely. He didn't go on contact. He didn't budge until the ball was up beside the mound, then he went. He had plenty of time to stay on 3rd.

Someone needs to explain that triple play to me. I understand tagging Moreland and the force at 2nd, but why was Pedroia out?

Bradley was the hitter and never went to first.  So Moreland was tagged, Pedroia was forced at 2nd and Bradley was forced out at 1B while walking to the dugout I guess.