GAME #23, CHICAGO CUBS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, April 29, 2017, 01:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

So Wright ends up with 5ER to boost his ERA to 8.25. Not going to help the Sox at all this year with numbers like that.

markj

CAN ANYBODY ON THIS TEAM THROW A BASEBALL?????

What a joke this team is becoming. Two awful errors on one play that should have been a DP.

ipot

Errors stink, but ultimately don't matter.  The game was lost at 5-4 anyway.

A manager has only so much control over individual performances but the listlessness, the sloppy fielding, the lack of any semblance of cohesion is all on Farrell. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on April 29, 2017, 05:11:28 PM
CAN ANYBODY ON THIS TEAM THROW A BASEBALL?????

What a joke this team is becoming. Two awful errors on one play that should have been a DP.

Bogaerts is looking like the dear-in-the headlights choke-up artist he was during his pathetically awful 2014 season.  He was a rookie then; what the hell is his excuse now?  As for my friend Rob, you may not have seen a reliever get stretched out in the third or fourth inning before but  that was because Francona never prepared for that with Wakefield pitching those last three miserable years he was on our team.  When Wright is pitching you are always ready to pounce.  Once a guy is stretched out he can start soft tossing and soon gets warmed up......or would like to see what happened today as Wright failed again, Farrell was addled with his worthless brain and we're headed down to another defeat.  It is the seventh inning and the GAME IS OVER.  WE WILL NOT WIN TODAY.  You rather have that than have someone stretched out to get ready to relieve Wright as I said they should today?

markj

Sox desperately need a third baseman. Like now.

elktonnick

This team's sloppiness in the field is a direct result of sloppy coaching.  Like Fred said, Bogaerts has regressed as a fielder.  He continues to make throwing error after throwing error.  He hiccups every time he throws the ball by pounding the ball into his glove before he throws. So he ends up rushing the throw. The way this team is fielding (12 or 13th in fielding)  Johnny Pesky must be spinning in his grave.

Bill-806

LBAD pitching..... OK honey, put the light out, I will be right in !!

markj

Cubs blow a DP so the Sox very nicely give them another chance.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on April 29, 2017, 05:16:33 PM
Errors stink, but ultimately don't matter.  The game was lost at 5-4 anyway.

A manager has only so much control over individual performances but the listlessness, the sloppy fielding, the lack of any semblance of cohesion is all on Farrell.

Of course it's on Farrell but Prune Face never has realized this, or maybe he is just stupid enough to believe that Farrell is a good manager which he most certainly isn't.  In 2015 we had a chance to get rid of this guy when he got sick and left the club (fortunately he got well, unfortunately, he was invited back even though Lovullo had the team playing great baseball in his place).  I will keep saying this over and over and over again.  This team will only deteriorate until Farrell is fired or kicked upstairs.  He is the worst manager in the league and Dombrowski  either is an ignoramus for not seeing it or, as I have said all along, he has been told by Pruney that Farrell is off limits.  He must stand up to him and tell him even at the risk of his job that Farrell has to go in order to save the season.  If DD was fired or did quit over that the wolves would descend so ferociously on the Prune that he would put the team up for sale.  Something has to  give.....give, that is, besides our hitting into another !@#$%^%& double play.

elktonnick

Sox hitters are rolling over on the ball virtually on every at bat.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on April 29, 2017, 05:35:54 PM
LBAD pitching..... OK honey, put the light out, I will be right in !!

Naturally he gets tagged for a homer.  Please, no pollyannas any more around here.  I don't think we have any but if we do please disguise it.  This team is shitty and we know where the fault lies.....in the owner's office and the manager's chair.  I also have my cross hairs aimed at Dombrowski because I know he knows that Farrell is running this team into the ground but it most likely so  hard-up to keep his job he allows this shit to go on.  A pox on you DD if I am right.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on April 29, 2017, 05:52:09 PM

Do you think Chili Davis sees this Elk or are these players so set in their ways that they simply will not listen.  Our team sucks.  BTW, my second team is the Cubs.  I follow them in the NL, but right now I am pissed off royally.  We should be beating them.  Let me root for the Cubs AFTER this shitty series.

SeaBeachFred

As I said, this game was over in the seventh inning.  We simply cannot come back from a deficit.....shades of 2014 and 2015 all over again.  And just for you diehard Marco Hernandez fans.  Oh boy, he got a double, oh boy he lined out.    Yes, but what did he do the two times he came up with runners on base????  Nothing!!!!!! a bounce hot and a K.  He is absolutely shitty with runners on base, and he failed to get in front of a hard grounder for an error.  He is preferable to Fatso but we are hurting at third base badly and it wouldn't surprise me if shitface Farrell moves Bogaerts back there as he did disastrously in 2014.  Then we can bring Marrero up and watch him hit 100 since he a totally worthless hitter.  Tomorrow we lose the rubber match and sink lower in the debris.  Hey Dpmbrowski, when the hell are you going to wake up?  We all see what's happening.  Can't you stand up to Prune Face and tell him you're taking charge of ALL baseball operations, including the manager's spot?  Or are too chicken shit to do that?

Muggah

4 errors and John Farrell as your manager is all you need to know about today's game.

You're testing my patience, Dombrowski!
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

ipot

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 29, 2017, 05:57:36 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on April 29, 2017, 05:52:09 PM

Do you think Chili Davis sees this Elk or are these players so set in their ways that they simply will not listen.  Our team sucks.  BTW, my second team is the Cubs.  I follow them in the NL, but right now I am pissed off royally.  We should be beating them.  Let me root for the Cubs AFTER this shitty series.

My question exactly.  Chili Davis did wonders with these guys last season.  They are rolling over the ball and aren't listening.  Davis obviously can see it.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee