5. Edwin Encarnacion (R) DH
6. Gleyber Torres (R) 2B
7. Brett Gardner (L) CF
8. Luke Voit (R) 1B
9. Mike Tauchman (L) LF

Gametime Temp: 68°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

SeaBeachFred

PORCELLO?????????  Are you @#$%&&$$ kidding me????  He of the nuclear inning?  He who gives up an average of two hits per inning the last six weeks or so??  My God, he should not start   another game for us and chances are we will get our heads handed to us tomorrow.  Shaping up as a miserable Sunday where the Red Sox are concerned.  The chances of Rick the Dick pitching us to a win tomorrow are about as good as the sun rising in the West.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 07, 2019, 06:49:53 PM
PORCELLO?????????  Are you @#$%&&$$ kidding me????  He of the nuclear inning?  He who gives up an average of two hits per inning the last six weeks or so??  My God, he should not start   another game for us and chances are we will get our heads handed to us tomorrow.  Shaping up as a miserable Sunday where the Red Sox are concerned.  The chances of Rick the Dick pitching us to a win tomorrow are about as good as the sun rising in the West.
What is a NUCLEAR INNING  ?????  Sounds like something out of "THE GREEN NEW DEAL" !!!! iono iono rofl rofl rofl

elktonnick

I do not know who first coined the expression "nuclear inning" but I first heard it on one of these boards.  I know Eckersley now uses it to refer to a pitcher who gives up a  big crooked number of runs.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on September 08, 2019, 10:49:01 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 07, 2019, 06:49:53 PM
What is a NUCLEAR INNING  ?????  Sounds like something out of "THE GREEN NEW DEAL" !!!! iono iono rofl rofl rofl

As Elk said, a pitcher who gives up a large amount or runs in one inning, a habit Porello has excelled in this season.  The term was first coined back around 2009 or so when Tim Wakefield, who stayed around three years too long, became known for not being able to stop the bleeding in a given inning or getting out of his own way,  the clumsy oaf.

Bill-806

I like the lineup, looks like they can score some runs tonight, thanks Alex !!!!! iono

SeaBeachFred

Knowing full well what would happen I decided to skip the game and watch Sunday Night Football----Steelers vs Patriots.  Now keep in mind that the Pats are defending NFL Champions who just opened the season after their own summer camp.  Did any of you see the difference between that Boston area king pin and those sorry bums who were the kings of the diamond last season?  The Pats were crisp on offense, devastating on defense and literally  ran, passed and blasted the Stellers off the field tonight----33-3.  What about our baseball clowns?  Well I was more than happy to warn all of you what would happen if Cora deviated from his relief corps and started the miserable, pathetic and totally shitty Rick the Dick on the mound.  What was it six runs, seven hits in four innings?  And Cora started him knowing what would happen if he did?  He had to know because I knew and I'm guessing most of you knew too.  Or could it be that Bora Bora is really that brain addled that he couldn't see it.  I don't follow the Pats; they are not my team---the Chargers are---but I marveled at their sticktoitiveness and relentless will to win. I saw it tonight.  The Red Sox?  You don't have to tell me.  I know they lost because they were behind in the 8th when I switched channels.  I checked more on my phone and knew what I would find.  Porcells  was horse shit again.

Dombrowski, DO NOT  RESIGN THIS GUY.  HE STINKS, SUCKS, SMELLS AND IS ONE PUTRID DUDE ON THE MOUND.  GET HIM THE F#&K OUT OF BOSTON, WHETHER BY TRAIN, BUS ,RAIL OR BY  FORCE.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 08, 2019, 10:54:42 PM
Knowing full well what would happen I decided to skip the game and watch Sunday Night Football----Steelers vs Patriots.  Now keep in mind that the Pats are defending NFL Champions who just opened the season after their own summer camp.  Did any of you see the difference between that Boston area king pin and those sorry bums who were the kings of the diamond last season?  The Pats were crisp on offense, devastating on defense and literally  ran, passed and blasted the Stellers off the field tonight----33-3.  What about our baseball clowns?  Well I was more than happy to warn all of you what would happen if Cora deviated from his relief corps and started the miserable, pathetic and totally shitty Rick the Dick on the mound.  What was it six runs, seven hits in four innings?  And Cora started him knowing what would happen if he did?  He had to know because I knew and I'm guessing most of you knew too.  Or could it be that Bora Bora is really that brain addled that he couldn't see it.  I don't follow the Pats; they are not my team---the Chargers are---but I marveled at their sticktoitiveness and relentless will to win. I saw it tonight.  The Red Sox?  You don't have to tell me.  I know they lost because they were behind in the 8th when I switched channels.  I checked more on my phone and knew what I would find.  Porcells  was horse shit again.

Dombrowski, DO NOT  RESIGN THIS GUY.  HE STINKS, SUCKS, SMELLS AND IS ONE PUTRID DUDE ON THE MOUND.  GET HIM THE F#&K OUT OF BOSTON, WHETHER BY TRAIN, BUS ,RAIL OR BY  FORCE.
FRED  D D  heard you ……..  DOMBROWSKI is GONE  !!!!!!!!!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Back from vacation.  Didn't even make an effort to get to a game last week when I was in New England.  Not too much excitement.  I saw the tennis was on last night and after the first inning or so switched back to tennis. 

Porcello clearly had to pitch as he is one of very few starters left on this team.  DD and his big contracts had doomed this group but whoever comes in may not be so fascinated with Porcello at least.

Lots of rebuilding to do on the pitching side of the house while making sure they don't screw up the offense.