5. Ryan McMahon (L) 1B
6. Yonathan Daza (R) CF
7. Tony Wolters (L) C
8. Garrett Hampson (R) 2B
9. Peter Lambert (R) P

Gametime Temp: 91°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

SeaBeachFred

George, when the heck is someone in the Red Sox Board of Strategy going to Porcello that his four seam fastball thown up in the strike zone is a sure sign for a pack of hits coming          back at him, over him and through him.  He give up too damn many hits and I would hav thought he would hav learned by now that his way of pitching doesn't lead the success he had in 2016 when he emphasized keeping the ball down, changing speed and using the two seemer more.  Well we won but I still get pissed off when he become a human pinata against our opponents.  I would like to see him spi n a few three or four hitters before he leaves us this off season.

Bill-806

E - ROD needs to bring his A-GAME and the BATS need to show up  !!!!  The clock is winding down ?? iono iono iono iono

Schloicka

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 28, 2019, 02:30:31 PM
George, when the heck is someone in the Red Sox Board of Strategy going to Porcello that his four seam fastball thown up in the strike zone is a sure sign for a pack of hits coming          back at him, over him and through him.  He give up too damn many hits and I would hav thought he would hav learned by now that his way of pitching doesn't lead the success he had in 2016 when he emphasized keeping the ball down, changing speed and using the two seemer more.  Well we won but I still get pissed off when he become a human pinata against our opponents.  I would like to see him spi n a few three or four hitters before he leaves us this off season.

You are correct. He needs to keep the ball down as he has trouble throwing it up in the zone. As far as him leaving after the season I'm not so sure. He could be brought back on a short deal if they can't find anyone else to step up. Pitching will and is their top priority in the off season.

Bill-806

& THE  Jug/a/not wins again …..  HANGING in there !!!  DAY OFF !!!  Rest up boys !!! iono iono rofl rofl rofl

Murph

Quote from: Schloicka on August 28, 2019, 07:32:22 PM

You are correct. He needs to keep the ball down as he has trouble throwing it up in the zone. As far as him leaving after the season I'm not so sure. He could be brought back on a short deal if they can't find anyone else to step up. Pitching will and is their top priority in the off season.

He will not get close to his 21 m  he earned this year. 20 mill for 2 years is about all he is worth.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Murph on August 29, 2019, 10:28:49 AM
Quote from: Schloicka on August 28, 2019, 07:32:22 PM

He will not get close to his 21 m  he earned this year. 20 mill for 2 years is about all he is worth.

If that Murph!!!!  You cannot call Rick an innings eater either any more since he gives up too many hits and runs his pitch count so high that he needs relief by the sixth inning. Perhaps with a new pitching coach should the Sox decide to give him a reduced contract---AND A NEW PITCHING COACH IS ALMOST A NECESSITY FOR NEXT SEASON----perhaps that coach can get him to go back to the two seamer, keep the ball down and stop that ridiculous game of throwing up in the zone.  And why the hell are our pitchers so afraid of pitching to contact?  Our defense is not that bad at all, and pitching to contact could reduce pitchers thrown in an inning by three to five pitches.-  Well the front office knows what it must do and they had better be ready to do it.