5. Eric Hosmer (L) 1B
6. Ty France (R) 2B
7. Luis Urias (R) SS
8. Austin Hedges (R) C
9. Joey Lucchesi (L) P

Gametime Temp: 79°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

Saturday night game consumed 7 Sox pitchers.  Who is going to bail out B Johnson today?  Brewers just DFA'd  their starter Chacin, but his ERA  has rocketed to 5.65.

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 25, 2019, 08:40:45 AM
Saturday night game consumed 7 Sox pitchers.  Who is going to bail out B Johnson today?  Brewers just DFA'd  their starter Chacin, but his ERA  has rocketed to 5.65.
JOHNSON as the "OPENER" can/WILL give us a GUTSY 5 + - INNINGS of off balance stuff/junk …….  He looks/gets SHARPER depending on HOW OUR  BATS are ? BUT, the BATS need to show up ??? iono iono rofl rofl rofl

Murph

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 25, 2019, 08:40:45 AM

At this point, it makes no difference at all.

Bill-806

NOT a GOOD START ….. How did our  !, 2, 3  hitters take all those strikes ???? We need to take the pressure off of Johnson by being aggressive with our BATS, please !!! iono iono iono

Schloicka

Pretty anemic offense today. Top 7 hitters went 2/26. Only run on a JD hr.

Bill-806

& the SOX give another one away !!!  A POOR lineup ( Travis & the 2nd baseman) no hit !!!!!!! iono iono iono iono iono thumb_d thumb_d

elktonnick

I have noticed that whenever Sox hitters face a pitcher they have never seen before especially one with an unusual delivery they struggle.  Today was no exception.

Schloicka

Quote from: Bill-806 on August 25, 2019, 06:12:45 PM
& the SOX give another one away !!!  A POOR lineup ( Travis & the 2nd baseman) no hit !!!!!!! iono iono iono iono iono thumb_d thumb_d

So the Sox lost because Travis & Owings played? What did all of our 'regulars' do today besides nothing? Guess you need to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find something to blame the loss on other than the fact the team as a whole didn't hit. 

Bill-806

Quote from: Schloicka on August 25, 2019, 07:40:56 PM

So the Sox lost because Travis & Owings played? What did all of our 'regulars' do today besides nothing? Guess you need to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find something to blame the loss on other than the fact the team as a whole didn't hit.
More reason HOLT & MORELAND should have been in …. I know, I know, there was a LEFT HANDER on the MOUND ??? thumb_d iono iono iono iono

Schloicka

Quote from: Bill-806 on August 26, 2019, 05:45:54 AM

More reason HOLT & MORELAND should have been in …. I know, I know, there was a LEFT HANDER on the MOUND ??? thumb_d iono iono iono iono

So your logic is Holt and Moreland should of played because our top 7 guys in the lineup did nothing in the game? The question I have to ask is how did anyone know they weren't going to do anything in the game so Holt and Moreland should of played? Your looking at the out come to decide if it was right or wrong. To late to make that determination then.

Bill-806

Quote from: Schloicka on August 26, 2019, 06:47:09 AM
Quote from: Bill-806 on August 26, 2019, 05:45:54 AM

So your logic is Holt and Moreland should of played because our top 7 guys in the lineup did nothing in the game? The question I have to ask is how did anyone know they weren't going to do anything in the game so Holt and Moreland should of played? Your looking at the out come to decide if it was right or wrong. To late to make that determination then.
Thats what makes BASEBALL so GREAT .....  Because of the SPEED (lack of) of the game, everyone is a MANAGER.....  Just as HOLT & MORELAND (yes against a left hander) might have pushed the OFFENSE just enough to "get us off to the RACES again" & then we would all be SAYING, "THE JUG/A/NOT LIVES ON" !!!!! iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

There's just too many holes in the 25-man to do each and every fix.  On a game by game fix with the IL quandary, it's a headache for management and coach.  One of the reasons we held onto our cards at the deadline last month.

longgame

Sox also seem to struggle on Sunday this year for some reason.  I can imagine as a player its tough to get fired up at this point after the high of last season and knowing this season is done.