6. Logan Morrison (L) DH
7. Scott Kingery (R) 3B
8. Cesar Hernandez (S) 2B
9. Adam Haseley (L) CF

Gametime Temp: 79°F - Chance of Precip: 26%

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on August 21, 2019, 08:34:49 PM
Slow night on the board.

Can you blame any of us George?  You can almost feel that our team has thrown in the towel and have very little interest of even trying to finish strong to regain a modicum of respect as they finish off what has been a miserable season for a defending champion.  All year, as Kevin Millar said yesterday on MLB's Intentional Talk, THE RED SOX HAVE SIMPLY BEEN UNABLE TO FASHION A LONG HOT STREAK ALONG THE 16 OR 17 OF 20 VARIETY.   We've heard that here too from many of us.  The team gets four or five wins in a row and then just seems to fall down from mental and physical exhaustion, like they don't really give a shit.  When the hell was the last  time we mounted a late 8th or 9th inning rally and won with a dramatic walk off hit or homer?   Think hard because I can't recall one.  Between nuclear innings by our pitchers (Porcello as usual tonight), low energy, lack of commitment, and a real half ass effort during the game along with a total lack of any kind of leadership on the field, well we've seen the results.  I'm almost at the point of wanting to sell my tickets to the three games in SD this weekend and since the team is staying at the hotel we're staying at, it will be all I can do to avoid getting in their gutless faces should I meet up with any of this sad and sorry bunch.

Bill-806

As DAD would say , "SON, stick the FORK in, they are DONE" !! The GIG is up, CHANGES NEEDED, CHANGES COMING !!!! thumb_d iono iono iono iono

Sea Dog 23

Cora adds to the stupidity by pinch hitting a .129 hitter Owings with the tieing runs on base.   This team can be fixed in a couple areas, it is system wide. 

longgame

What's sad is that the Jimmy Fund suffered as well.  The lack of interest in this team unfortunately has real world effects.  They raised about a million more last year when everybody was watching and they were playing exciting baseball.  Last night it seemed they had runners in scoring position constantly and then fizzled.  Lyons said it in the post game show - last year they would have scored a ton of runs, the floodgates would open and they'd romp.  This year that just doesn't seem to happen. 

It's nice to hear the Sox management talk about how they're still in it.  I wonder if they really believe it?

elktonnick

Management may believe they are still in it but the players don't seem to play as they do.

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 22, 2019, 06:43:57 AM
Cora adds to the stupidity by pinch hitting a .129 hitter Owings with the tieing runs on base.   This team can be fixed in a couple areas, it is system wide.
YES, I darn near FELL out of BED when he sent him up for HERNANDZ who in my opinion is a real SCRAPPER & works the pitcher & strike zone .... That said where was BROC HOLT ????   iono iono iono iono iono iono