GAME #78, SATURDAY, JUNE 22, 2019, TORONTO BLUE JAYS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Schloicka, June 22, 2019, 07:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Murph on June 23, 2019, 07:56:41 AM
A note to all the DREAMERS out there . This is not a PO team plain and simple. The pen is awful. They remain us of the blind squirrel finding a nut . Yeah, they looked good the other night but then they showed us what they are made of and that's very little talent. Why get excited over a few well-played games when then reality sets in.

Beat me again to it Murph!!!!!!!  That is just about what I was going to say just about word for word.  Not a word out of joint so I will simply say that I have thrown in the towel and conceded that not only aren't we getting anywhere this season but, and forgive me out there if you think I am being disloyal because I am not,  we don't deserve to be in the post season and, what's more,  I DON'T WANT US IN THE PLAYOFFS.  It would be a total humiliation and embarrassment for us to be waylaid by the Astros, Yankees, Indians, Twins or any others you can name.  The team seems rudderless, the hunger gone, a feeling of acceptance has set in and for all I know they are content to resting on their laurels.  It has happened before to Red Sox teams coming off a World Series Title so I am not surprised at that.

What I am surprised at is the listlessness and lack of focus this team demonstrates just about every time I think they may have turned a corner.  Hell, the last two losses we've suffered???? Guess what?  I didn't even get angry or upset save for my venom for Meatball Barnes who has turned two wins into defeats( yesterday and the open vs Texas two Monday's ago) with his miserable relief pitching.  Cora still leans towards this guy as closer but he is NOT the man, never was and never will be.  Maybe this coming off season will find the whole edifice of the Red Sox taking stock of what has happened and start trying to get back to being the team it could have been this season had the manager started out with some urgency from the very first day. He didn't and it has descended into a farce of a season.

Murph

I DON'T WANT US IN THE PLAYOFFS.  It would be a total humiliation and embarrassment for us to be waylaid by the Astros, Yankees, Indians, Twins or any others you can name.

I can`t see why most red sox won`t agree with this. The biggest problem is the clueless press and fans buying into all there bandwagon crap.