GAME #15, SUNDAY, APRIL 15, 2018, ORIOLES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, April 15, 2018, 01:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipot

Quote from: markj on April 15, 2018, 03:13:26 PM
Quote from: Schloicka on April 15, 2018, 03:03:44 PM
Quote from: markj on April 15, 2018, 03:01:00 PM
Poor Sale, the minute he leaves the game they score enough for the win. The guy can't buy a win. Sox roll on.

Sale has to learn not to throw 90 pitches in 5 innings. 90-95 pitches should get you through at least 7 innings. Overall a good games considering the weather conditions. On to Monday.

True enough. He's not blameless in not getting himself a win today. If he'd have stuck around another inning...

Or we could've just put up 2-3 runs before Cora yanked him.  But, yup, I'll take the W.  Ugly, ugly weather.   
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 15, 2018, 04:53:11 PM
Monday game cancelled.New date May 17.

My question is how can any team play in such miserable weather?  This is hardly conducive for good baseball no matter how you look at it, and I'm hardly surprised that the Patriot's Day Game was called off tomorrow.  When you take into consideration how so many games were wiped out today and probably more tomorrow I think the owners had better get their crap together and work out something to start the season a little later even if we have to wipe our some off days and or play some double headers to  get the season in before the snows hit later in the year.  I know, i t's all money and profits but the risk is shortening or ruining  the careers of players because of injuries suffered in cold weather and  the ruination of the quality of baseball being played.   The Red Sox and Orioles were playing with handcuffs today.  Fortunately our team played well enough to pull a game out that most likely should never have been played.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 15, 2018, 09:14:03 PM

My question is how can any team play in such miserable weather?  This is hardly conducive for good baseball no matter how you look at it, and I'm hardly surprised that the Patriot's Day Game was called off tomorrow.  When you take into consideration how so many games were wiped out today and probably more tomorrow I think the owners had better get their crap together and work out something to start the season a little later even if we have to wipe our some off days and or play some double headers to  get the season in before the snows hit later in the year.  I know, i t's all money and profits but the risk is shortening or ruining  the careers of players because of injuries suffered in cold weather and  the ruination of the quality of baseball being played.   The Red Sox and Orioles were playing with handcuffs today.  Fortunately our team played well enough to pull a game out that most likely should never have been played.

The players are to blame for some of this.  They wanted the season to start earlier so they could have more off days later in the season, do they started early and had to cancel half the games.   Now they'll be playing doubleheaders on those offdays.  The Sox have been lucky though without having to miss a game until now. 

Not sure what the answer is with this crazy spring we've had, at least in the eastern half of the country.  Between snow and the line of severe storms that passed yesterday there's not a lot you can do.  We had a tree go down in the storms yesterday.

Rob from Mass

Playing the WS further into November would be the main reason for no latter start.
The blame is on the weatherman mostly.I remember last years Patriots day weened was in the  70 s

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 16, 2018, 08:43:30 AM

Playing the WS further into November would be the main reason for no latter start.
The blame is on the weatherman mostly.I remember last years Patriots day weened was in the  70 s
No reason to blame the weatherman, me thinks that "mother nature" is the villain here !!! iono iono