GAME #2, MARCH 30, 2018, RED SOX AT RAYS

Started by Bear, March 30, 2018, 05:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Quote from: elktonnick on March 30, 2018, 08:57:09 PM
KIMBREL

He done good. Happy to see that. Not so happy with the offense (or lack thereof).

ipot

Sleepy offense but so good to see Price pitching like old.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on March 30, 2018, 07:25:32 PM
Price is cruising, but the Sox bats are dead. I think we've all seen this movie too many times.

Fred to Mark-----this batting order stinks as I have said repeatedly, and Bradley must be benched once and for all.  Betts should not be batting leadoff, nor Benintendi batting second.  Betts should be hitting third, Benny fifth and JD should NOT be DHing.  He needs to play in the field.  He does better when he is playing the outfield.  Nunez, Bogaerts, Betts, Martinez and Benintendi should be one through five with Ramirez sixth.  Cora is fast proving me that he is a dud----and only after two games.  We might be having similar problems with him that we had with Farrell.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on March 30, 2018, 08:05:21 PM
JBJ does what he does best.NOTHING, as he hits into a DP.

Trade the bum, sit the crud down, or shoot the bastard......Just get him out of the lineup and then out of Boston.  As long as he's around there will be the urge to try him again and again and again and he will NOT hit.  Get rid of him any way we can.

Rob from Mass

Bogey is the only batter that has showed up so far.The has been excellent  at the plate albeit 2 games.

Rob from Mass

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on March 30, 2018, 08:09:53 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on March 30, 2018, 08:08:03 PM
How much rope will Cora give JBJ?  I and most of us here have lost faith in him already.

Time for Swihart to LF  and Beni to CF.

Au contraire!!!!!!!  You want Martinez to hit?????  Put him left field.....FAST!!!!!  Swihart should get in the lineup at third base, catcher, left field and o ther places and enough to keep sharp but this lineup has to change and Bradley must go......just as I have been saying for close to a year and a half.  Please guys, I know what the hell I'm talking about.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on March 30, 2018, 08:15:53 PM
Since the end of last season as RP Price has been very good.Need a healthy Price to go with Sale and hope to get something from 3-4-5 . Only  76 pitches thru 7.

Yea David......As you all know I have always defended David Price and tonight I was rewarded.  Good for you Dave.  You did a helluva job tonight despite the fact that our gutless offense showed why they are soft and flabby........And, yes, put Nunez in the leadoff spot......and do it quickly and get Bradley the hell out of the lineup.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on March 30, 2018, 09:15:00 PM

Trade the bum, sit the crud down, or shoot the bastard......Just get him out of the lineup and then out of Boston.  As long as he's around there will be the urge to try him again and again and again and he will NOT hit.  Get rid of him any way we can.
Fred sadly he is going nowhere.No chm wants him and you know damn well they are not releasing him.I hate it we all hate it but it is what it is at least till the deadline.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on March 30, 2018, 08:29:17 PM
I am shocked that Barnes is in. Anyone else!!

I was because I consider him a meatball (thanks mark for that title for him).  Yet he has pitched two good innings in a row for us.  Just don't pitch him against a good team.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on March 30, 2018, 09:19:22 PM
Since the end of last season as RP Price has been very good.Need a healthy Price to go with Sale and hope to get something from 3-4-5 . Only  76 pitches thru 7.

Yea David......As you all know I have always defended David Price and tonight I was rewarded.  Good for you Dave.  You did a helluva job tonight despite the fact that our gutless offense showed why they are soft and flabby........And, yes, put Nunez in the leadoff spot......and do it quickly and get Bradley the hell out of the lineup.
I did not like when your man Cora took Price out who was dominant and after ONLY 76 PITCHES THRU 7.
IMHO that was dumb.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on March 30, 2018, 09:15:38 PM
Bogey is the only batter that has showed up so far.The has been excellent  at the plate albeit 2 games.

Yes, Bogey has done a helluva job so far.  Could be he has found himself and is determined to shut me and his critics up.  It could be he is on his way back to a productive player, but Bradley isn't and Cora must get his head out of his ass and bench him permanently before we find someone to take this guy off of our hands.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on March 30, 2018, 09:17:26 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on March 30, 2018, 08:09:53 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on March 30, 2018, 08:08:03 PM
How much rope will Cora give JBJ?  I and most of us here have lost faith in him already.

Time for Swihart to LF  and Beni to CF.

Au contraire!!!!!!!  You want Martinez to hit?????  Put him left field.....FAST!!!!!  Swihart should get in the lineup at third base, catcher, left field and o ther places and enough to keep sharp but this lineup has to change and Bradley must go......just as I have been saying for close to a year and a half.  Please guys, I know what the hell I'm talking about.

Fred JD would be still DH and Bradley on the bench.with Swihart Beni andMookie in the OF.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on March 30, 2018, 09:20:25 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on March 30, 2018, 09:15:00 PM

Fred sadly he is going nowhere.No chm wants him and you know damn well they are not releasing him.I hate it we all hate it but it is what it is at least till the deadline.

We cannot wait until the deadline to get rid of that guy.  As long as he's around someone connected with the team is going to use their influence to shoehorn him back into the lineup.  We can send him down to Pawtucket but my take is that he wouldn't do much down there and his value would be totally wasted.  We must find someone who needs a CF and try to convince a team to take a chance on him.  He does field well and when he does hit he has some power, but he is a bad fit for Boston and he is keeping Sam Travis in the minors.  Personally, know w hat I would do?????????  I would put him on waivers and see what interest there is in him.  If no one claims him, then RELEASE HIM.  Again, as long as he's around there will always be the temptation to give him "another chance".  I'm sick of the guy.  He needs to go.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on March 30, 2018, 09:22:58 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on March 30, 2018, 09:19:22 PM

I did not like when your man Cora took Price out who was dominant and after ONLY 76 PITCHES THRU 7.
IMHO that was dumb.

My man Cora......Hey Rob, thanks for the comedic relief.  I've needed something to laugh at the past two days.  As for taking out Price I thought he could go the nine, but even though with less than 80 pitches he might have indicated that he was on fumes.  Then, again, Cora might have been sharpening up his Farrell persona with another dumb move.