GAME #45, FRIDAY, MAY 18, 2018, BALTIMORE ORIOLES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, May 18, 2018, 01:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on May 18, 2018, 07:12:14 PM
How pathetic is Jackie Bradley at the plate!  Cobb just threw him three 92mph fastballs right down the middle of the plate and he swung and missed each one.  To me that means pitchers totally disrespect Bradley as hitter.

Elk, when I heard Bradley was back in the lineup again I couldn't bring myself to watch the game.  Didn't miss much did I?  Bradley went 0 for 2, both K's (as usual)  I noticed he was out of the game for a PH.  Did he get hurt or did Bora Bora Cora finally grow a brain and got his ass out of there.  Let me know.  I have had it with this guy.  He stinks, he sucks, he's pathetic, he needs to be send down, DFA'd, traded, or fed to the lions.  Somehow someway get this rotten bum off the team.  Again, something stinks here that he keeps getting back in the lineup despite his constant failure and his now, what, 162 average.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 18, 2018, 07:25:06 PM
Vazquez blows a play at the plate, so 2-runs in and the inning goes on.

His defense is starting to crater as sell but I heard he got two hits tonight so we will have to keep him in the lineup. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on May 18, 2018, 09:21:26 PM
Pomerantz  seems to me to be a very fragile ball player.  I think he is always "hurt"

Until last season I called him a candy ass.  Guess he has returned to candy ass status, but I still think he is not ready and should have been kept down a Pawtucket until he was sharp enough to be brought up.  This may continue because I was told by a friend made of sterner stuff that me that Pom looked like shit warmed over tonight.

markj

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 18, 2018, 10:40:31 PM
Quote from: markj on May 18, 2018, 07:25:06 PM
Vazquez blows a play at the plate, so 2-runs in and the inning goes on.

His defense is starting to crater as sell but I heard he got two hits tonight so we will have to keep him in the lineup. 

The two hits didn't make up for the multiple runs that came in because he muffed that play. The inning could have ended with the Sox down 1 run down instead of 4.

ipot

Pomeranz is pretty much toast.   But as mark said, 500 is as 500 does....

And if Porcello stinks it up for the 3rd start in a row tomorrow, we have an SP problem...
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

How pathetic is Jackie Bradley at the plate!  Cobb just threw him three 92mph fastballs right down the middle of the plate and he swung and missed each one.  To me that means pitchers totally disrespect Bradley as hitter.
I know that  JBJ is confused, BUT have  the medical people had his EYES checked ???  He is lost ??? iono iono

Bill-806

Pomerantz  seems to me to be a very fragile ball player.  I think he is always "hurt"
YES, & D D should add him to the PACKAGE to MOVE..... NOW GRASSHOPPER !!! iono rofl rofl

elktonnick

Quote from: Bill-806 on May 19, 2018, 10:34:33 AM
I know that  JBJ is confused, BUT have  the medical people had his EYES checked ???  He is lost ??? iono iono

He swung and missed on virtually every ball down the middle of the plate clocked at about 91 92 mph.  If he is swinging and missing at those pitches one has to wonder what can he hit.   Right now he has no business being in the big leagues.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on May 19, 2018, 10:39:48 AM

He swung and missed on virtually every ball down the middle of the plate clocked at about 91 92 mph.  If he is swinging and missing at those pitches one has to wonder what can he hit.   Right now he has no business being in the big leagues.
I HEAR you...... A trade may help him & the RED SOX too......  Boston is no place for the faint of heart and CERTAINLY no place to FIND yourself ?? iono iono

ipot

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 18, 2018, 10:43:28 PM

Until last season I called him a candy ass.  Guess he has returned to candy ass status, but I still think he is not ready and should have been kept down a Pawtucket until he was sharp enough to be brought up.  This may continue because I was told by a friend made of sterner stuff that me that Pom looked like shit warmed over tonight.

He's had enough tries.  He's simply not right.  Send him down or ship him out.  He got into a nice groove last year but he's back to barely getting through 5 innings on a good game....
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

longgame

Another ho-hum effort by the 500-Sox.  What's a real shame is they should be able to cover the zero production out of the bottom of the lineup if they could just get the rest of the team going.  Between the lack of timely hitting and the amazing ability of the pitching staff to immediately cough up runs when the offense does score, it's tough to watch. 

longgame

Just saw a piece on Paul Goldschmidt on MLB and how he gets stuck in between pitches and can't hit a breaking ball or a fastball.  They then showed a clip of Manny Ramirez and how he may have let a ball go by for strike 3 because he was sitting on something else and either way he knew what he was "supposed" to swing at.  Bradley has no idea what is coming and I swear the kid needs glasses. 

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on May 19, 2018, 11:54:45 AM
B I N G O  dat.....  I think that our roster will have 4 + - new players by middle of JUNE !! iono

Just saw a piece on Paul Goldschmidt on MLB and how he gets stuck in between pitches and can't hit a breaking ball or a fastball.  They then showed a clip of Manny Ramirez and how he may have let a ball go by for strike 3 because he was sitting on something else and either way he knew what he was "supposed" to swing at.  Bradley has no idea what is coming and I swear the kid needs glasses.