GAME #38, FRIDAY, MAY 11, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Started by Bear, May 11, 2018, 04:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

RED SOX V BLUE JAYS

FRIDAY, MAY 11, 2018, 7:07 PM AT ROGERS CENTRE

TV:  NESN, SNET, MLBN, (OUT-OF-MARKET ONLY)

BOSTON, (26-11)....................................................................................TORONTO, (20-18)

BOSTON:

CHRIS SALE, LHP, 3-1, 2.02 ERA, 63K

Coming off his best start of the season, Sale takes the ball in the opener.  Sale
has a history of dominance at Rogers Centre, going 5-1 with a 1.44 ERA in seven
starts.  On Sunday vs Texas, he put on a clinic, striking out 12 in seven innings.

TORONTO:

AARON SANCHEZ, RHP, 2-3, 4.14 ERA, 28K

Sanchez has been pretty inconsistent so far this season after missing all of last
year with blister issues.  He's allowed at least four runs in each of his past two starts
and could not make it out of the fourth inning in his last outing.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/red-sox-vs-blue-jays/2018/05/11/529973#game_state=preview,game_tab=,game=529973

Bear

RED SOX LINEUP:

Game 1 in Toronto:

Betts RF,

Benintendi CF,

Ramirez DH,

Martinez LF,

Bogaerts SS,

Moreland 1B,

Nuñez 3B,

Holt 2B,

León C,

Sale LHP.

TWITTER

ipot

Hope Sale throws another gem.  He'll need to go deep with the pen we have.  Better yet, I hope the bats spot him like 7 runs. 8)
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Quote from: ipot on May 11, 2018, 06:07:30 PM
Hope Sale throws another gem.  He'll need to go deep with the pen we have.  Better yet, I hope the bats spot him like 7 runs. 8)

Not so much. Having a rough inning here.

markj

Sale blows an easy out throw to 1st. He's making his own job harder.

markj

Hanley gets thrown out at home by a mile. Febles put up a stop sign, but way too late.

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on May 11, 2018, 07:09:36 PM
Hanley gets thrown out at home by a mile. Febles put up a stop sign, but way too late.

Had plenty of time to stop. Hanley cost himself when he slowed up to look at where the ball was. Plus wasn't running hard from 1st to 2nd. 3rd base coach did his job.

markj

Hanley's been jogging lately. I wonder if he has a knee or hammy issue.

markj

markj

Schloicka

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on May 11, 2018, 07:17:18 PM
Hanley's been jogging lately. I wonder if he has a knee or hammy issue.

Hanley's problem on that play was he didn't let the ump make the call. Hanley had already decided it was going to be a hr and then tried to make up for it.

markj

Haha, Leon gets to 3B on a strike out. Plus a run comes in. Talk about a major screw up. But I'll take it.

Schloicka

Well that was different. Free run on a very odd play. 3-2 now.

ipot

We have Sale with a “bad” early innings and now a nail biter if we can’t score more. The pen is scary thought these days
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee