GAME #37, THURSDAY, MAY 10, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT NEW YORK YANKEES

Started by Bear, May 10, 2018, 03:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Time to decompress.  What the hell has gotten into Hembree.  He used to be good for at least one inning but tonight he wanted to give the damn game away.  Thank God we have JD on our team and were able to sign him because without him we would have lost about a half dozen more games than we have.  And Cora should have learned that Kimbrel pitches way best when he starts an inning clean and not come in with inherited runners.  Francona used to to that with Timlin and never learned that was not how Tim threw effectively.  We needed that and tonight the team came out and played their hearts out.  Sorry Moreland got the collar because you know what that means........Bum Bradley will probably be in there tomorrow to team with Vazques to give the Red Sox the worst bottom of the order in baseball.  But tonight is heaven for us.

BoSoxFanNY

Missed this game - went to a Broadway Show instead.

SO GLAD to see that the Sox won.
PHEW.
I wanted this team to win at least one game in this series
and they did.

Starting pitching wise - Pomeranz and Rodriquez pitched well in this series.
The BULLPEN was exposed . . .

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bear

I don't know when Bradley is returning, all I know is that Cora
is upset with him b/c when benched he sat in front of his locker
and felt sorry for himself.
Cora told him to watch videos and that Cora had seen Bradley's
stance is not the same as two years ago.  And that he can go
to the batting cages daily, (500)
And he's to study videos.

That doesn't sound as tho Cora is too happy with him.

If Bradley had been in there tonite, we'd of lost again.

sigh

Bill-806

Quote from: ipot on May 11, 2018, 12:45:21 AM
Our pen is crap.  Hembree stinks.  JD saves the day.
B I N G O  dat !!...... yes , a win is a win, but that PEN is pathetic !!  D D could take 2 or 3 of them with Swihart, J B J and make a mini blockbust for some fresh young/quality arms......  I want BOBBY POYNER up there, NOW GRASSHOPPER !!! On to TORONTO !! iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bear on May 11, 2018, 04:18:57 AM
I don't know when Bradley is returning, all I know is that Cora
is upset with him b/c when benched he sat in front of his locker
and felt sorry for himself.
Cora told him to watch videos and that Cora had seen Bradley's
stance is not the same as two years ago.  And that he can go
to the batting cages daily, (500)
And he's to study videos.

That doesn't sound as tho Cora is too happy with him.

If Bradley had been in there tonite, we'd of lost again.

sigh

Bradley's insertion in the starting lineup has cost us a number of games this season and I'm not convinced that we've seen the last of him for awhile.  Remember Prune Face is the owner and rumor has i t, a strong rumor, that he feels obligated to make sure Bum Bradley gets every chance to show what a star player he can be.  AND THAT IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.  The guy has regressed to a point that he has become useless to the team except for defensive purposes late in the game----and be sure we have at least a two or three run lead when that happens because if the other team ties or goes ahead you can bet that Bumbradley will get to the plate and strike out with men on base.  Just get rid of him, somewhere, anywhere.  He will sink us if he stays.

Bear