GAME #37, THURSDAY, MAY 10, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT NEW YORK YANKEES

Started by Bear, May 10, 2018, 03:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

RED SOX V YANKEES

THURSDAY, MAY 10, 2018, 7:05, AT YANKEE STADIUM

TV:  NESN, YES, MLBN, (OUT-OF-MARKET ONLY)

BOSTON, (25-10).......................................................................................NEW YORK, (26-9)

BOSTON:

EDUARDO RODRIGUEZ, LHP, 3-0, 5.29 ERA, 39K

A familiar pattern has developed for Rodriguez since he returned from the disabled
list--inconsistencies.  After turning in three consecutive solid starts for wins, Rodriguez
has given up five earned runs in each of his past two starts.

NEW YORK:

CC SABATHIA, LHP, 2-0, 1.39 ERA, 23K

Sabathia continued what has been an outstanding season by pitching six shutout
innings Friday.  He has allowed just one earned run in 23 1/3 innings over his past four
starts.  He has won five straight starts vs Boston, dating back to September 2016.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/red-sox-vs-yankees/2018/05/10/529963#game_state=preview,game_tab=,game=529963

Bear

RED SOX LINEUP:

Betts CF,

Benintendi LF,

Ramirez DH,

Martinez RF,

Bogaerts SS,

Moreland 1B,

Nuñez 2B,

Devers 3B,

Vazquez C

Rodriguez LHP

TWITTER

ipot

Oh gawd....Charlie Cheeseburger on the mound for the NYY.  :P
He's managed to be pretty darn good last year and this year even when past his prime.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on May 10, 2018, 03:32:09 PM
Oh gawd....Charlie Cheeseburger on the mound for the NYY.  :P
He's managed to be pretty darn good last year and this year even when past his prime.

The Red Sox used to eat Sabathia alive when we  had hitters like Manny, Mikey, Papi, Pedey and others.  We need to get that back and stop having this guy humiliate us.  It is time to saddle up and go out there and do whatever it takes to salvage one game this series and this time Rodriguez must stand up and give us a sterling performance on the mound tonight.  It must be us who stops the Yankees winning streak, not some other team.  Man up guys and show you all have a pair.

ipot

We got to CC for 3 so far. ERod dealing good. H may have to go deep with the pen in a pickle after last night’s debacle.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

E-Rod gets out of a very tight jam. Nice job. Pitch count is way up, though.

markj

Attaboy, Hanley. Another dinger. Hanley likes Yankee Stadium. Sox up 4-0.

markj

Rain delay was just long enough for me to go run an errand and get back. Let's hope they can keep up the momentum. I assume E-Rod is done for the night.

markj

I assumed wrong. E-Rod is back out there. His pitch count isn't too bad, but I hope his arm didn't stiffen up during that long wait.

markj

Schloicka

Announcer saying it's to bad there was a rain delay. Thinks the rain delay is why E-Rod might come out after 5. If he comes out it will be because he has thrown 93 pitches in 5 innings. I'd bring him out for the 6th. Was still throwing well.

markj

markj

Barnes gets through the inning unscathed. Hope Cora doesn't bring him back out.

markj

markj

Kelly in to clean up yet another mess. Maybe we should start calling him "The Janitor."