GAME #36, WEDNESDAY, MAY 9, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT NEW YORK YANKEES

Started by Bear, May 09, 2018, 03:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

markj

markj

Now Yanks have a man at 3rd. I'll be stunned if Barnes doesn't blow this lead.

markj

markj

So now Cora has to bring Kimbrel in for 5 outs with men on base. This isn't going to end well.

markj

Kimbrel gives up a 2-run triple. No surprise there for anyone who has paid attention for the past two seasons. Apparently that doesn't include Cora. Sox down 7-6.

markj

ipot

They certainly picked a great time to choke. Big time. At least the old rivalry is back - I mean the pre-2004 one. When we just the NYY’s stumblebums.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

Barnes to Kimbrel goes to the dogs. The ‘ol Porcello is back.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

BoSoxFanNY

I FEEL sick.
Yankees 9 - Sox 6.

WTF happened to Kimbrel???

DAMN

markj

Was a close game until Meatball Matt came in. Oh well. Yanks in 1st place, Sox on their way down. Maybe they'll salvage something tomorrow.

ipot

And at 10:52pm EST on May 9th 2018 the Boston Red Sox ceded 1st place in the AL East to the New York Yankees, never to see it again for the rest of the season ::)
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Sox are 11-9 for their last 20. Closer to the .500 team they seem to be.