GAME #28, MONDAY, APRIL 30, 2018, KANSAS CITY ROYALS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, April 29, 2018, 04:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob from Mass

I am not holding out much hope with Cora but when will he sit JBJ for 4-5 games and let Swihart play either LF or DH.
If there is NO PLAN TO PLAY HIM trade the guy and give him a chance to play elsewhere. No getting a top player back but perhaps a midlevel prospect. His problem is he is a guy without a position. No doubt at all that he can produce better than JBJ
if given the chance to play.

Rob from Mass

Nunez needs a long rest if the Sox are going to expect help from him down the road.Right now at least as far as defense goes Lin is a much better option. He is clearly not a 100% or even 80%. No range at all and his bat is not much better. Hopefully, Holt gets back healthy soon.

longgame

Cora has proven to be good in some areas - like getting these guys on the same page and getting them to play well.  But he's awful with X's and O's.  There have been more than a few times when he needs to have someone up (like whenever Carson Smith comes into the game) and he doesn't.   His lineup changing is somewhat infuriating.  Why he continues to play JBJ is beyond me when he seems to sit everyone else regularly but this guy it seems is in every inning of every game.  I don't get it, although seeing how bad Martinez is in the field is part of it, but still, play Swihart and see if the guy can play the outfield.  They're not doing anyone favors - the team or Swihart - in having him sit all the time. 

Sea Dog 23

JBJ was featured on "Quick Pitch" this morning.  The Univ of South Carolina logos were all over the screen.  JBJ and a KC player Merrifield were teammates on the NCAA champ team at USC.  The KC player had three hits and 2 rbi's, however JBJ was hitless.

Rob from Mass

Of course, JBJ was hitless.That is what terrible hitters do best.

SeaBeachFred

I've said so often everyone is probably getting tired of hearing it but someone high in the Red Sox heirarchy loves this guy and is loathe to give up on him.  There is something very fishy and out of kilter the way this guy keep screwing up at the plate and yet is always in the lineup.  He is hitting 195 and looks as bad as he did in 2014 when they finally in the last month had to finally send him down where he hit a roaring 204.  Yet there he was as I sickingly predicted shoehorned into the lineup by mid 2015.  Get his ass out of the lineup and for that to happen the press, media and fans are going to have to roar like hungry wolves to get him out of there.

Rob from Mass

Fred, why Swihart is not playing, is another mystery. Maybe LOONEY BIRD CORA doesn`t realize he is riding the bench.

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on May 01, 2018, 04:34:26 PM
Fred, why Swihart is not playing, is another mystery. Maybe LOONEY BIRD CORA doesn`t realize he is riding the bench.
He is not playing, because as constructed, even with Cora's liberal lineups , there just is not that much time available, perhaps that would change with a trade or injury !! iono iono

Rob from Mass

They have a guy who CAN NOT HIT AT ALL. A good manager sees that and makes time .It is not hard to do if you have a baseball mind.In the early going Cora appears to be in something he CAN'T  figure out. He talked a great game but is having trouble walking the walk.