I left the house for a meeting with the score Royals 3 - Sox 1,
noticed that they had something going in the bottom of the third inning
AND was pleasantly surprised to leave my meeting seeing the Sox
were leading 9 - 5.

WOW!
Thank you Xander!

BoSoxFanNY

AND the Yankees lose 2-1.

14 strikeouts for the Yanks in the game against the Astros.

GOOD night!

Schloicka

Hector Velazquez with the win. Now 4-0. Offense showed up tonight. On to Tuesday.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 30, 2018, 07:50:26 PM
While Cora simply stares  with a weird look on his faceGonna be a long year with the rookie.

I see you're starting to get very disillusioned with Cora.  Well at least I'm not alone in that feeling.  What's with that guy anyway Rob????  You know how enthused I was when he was named manager after the ordeal of watching Farrell's about as exciting as watching pain dry demeanor and piss poor decision making, but Cora is fast wearing out his welcome mat with the Red Sox.  Good thing we won tonight with a good come from behind outburst in the middle innings and got it topped off with the Astros' 2-1 win over New York so it turns out to be a very good evening for us.  Still I wonder what Cora really learned in Houston?  He sure didn't follow AJ's footsteps the way he is running the Red Sox a good deal of the time.

ipot

Bats had some fun tonight.  X-man with another Granny.  Nice
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on April 30, 2018, 06:49:50 PM
Another ball that Nunez had trouble getting to.  Watching him play is painful.  I especially question the wisdom of playing him on this damp field.  I think he is an injury waiting happen.
B I N G O dat..... All of a sudden he looks OLD !! iono

Sea Dog 23

There's a young phenom they're bringing up from High A ball.  I think his name is Pedey or something.   sigh

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 01, 2018, 05:37:05 AM
There's a young phenom they're bringing up from High A ball.  I think his name is Pedey or something.   sigh
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl, Coming soon !!!

Bill-806

Quote from: Schloicka on April 30, 2018, 09:58:28 PM
Hector Velazquez with the win. Now 4-0. Offense showed up tonight. On to Tuesday.
HEctor is a KEEPER...More proof that you can grow them down on the farm !! Johnson as well, has given the SOX good innings/outings !!

elktonnick

The farm was the Mexican League from 2010.  Credit goes to the Red Sox Latin American scouts for spotting and signing him.

Rob from Mass

Took him to age 29 to get here and he is making the most out of his 89-90 blazing FB. Very pleasant surprise.