GAME #27, SUNDAY, APRIL 29, 2 018, TAMPA BAY RAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, April 29, 2018, 02:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob from Mass

Mookie is on pace to have 18 days off if Cora stays with his program of days off.

ipot

They load the bases with 0 outs and scrounge 1 measly sacrifice fly run out of it.....
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Quote from: ipot on April 29, 2018, 02:06:18 PM
They load the bases with 0 outs and scrounge 1 measly sacrifice fly run out of it.....
Same as yesterday. At least they're consistent.

Schloicka

Good pitching and barely enough offense and the Sox win. First RBI from the catching position since April 12th. On to Monday and KC.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 29, 2018, 01:51:29 PM
According to Cora Mookie was scheduled to have today off anyway.This guy is very weird.

Good thing we came back and won the game Rob because I had a boatload of shit to ream the team and especially Cora on.  The bottom of that lineup today........well, forget it.  I will save it for another day because with Cora there will be another day.  What a putz he's turning out to be.  Very disappointing.

elktonnick

Fred resting people is fine but Cora is carrying it to absurdity. No team can afford to have its two best hitters "rested" at the same time.  Cora is not impressing me either.

Bill-806

Victory today.... Not pretty, but VICTORY !!!! thumb_u rofl rofl

ipot

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 29, 2018, 04:58:07 PM
According to Cora Mookie was scheduled to have today off anyway.This guy is very weird.

Good thing we came back and won the game Rob because I had a boatload of shit to ream the team and especially Cora on.  The bottom of that lineup today........well, forget it.  I will save it for another day because with Cora there will be another day.  What a putz he's turning out to be.  Very disappointing.

We squeaked it out but, yeah, that bottom 3 (in spite of Leon's game winning RBI) is like batting 3 pitchers in a row in an NL game....
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bear

Cora's philosophy of resting players is beyond reasonable.
Rest them for what?  We have to get to the playoffs first.

Sea Dog 23

There's some rumbling among a couple players about too many games, specifically Rizzo of the Cubs.  But I haven't heard the union rep spread any complaints about the schedule yet.  Yada, yada.

Rob from Mass

See if they will take less money for fewer games.That will stop the crybabies in a hurry.

longgame

Mookie left the game the night before with an injury.

longgame

The continued "resting" is a concern.  I don't think it's helping and in spite of this hot start they're only two games up in the standings.  There is no time for resting in baseball, it's a long season and you have to win a lot of games.  Better to stay on top than play catch up. 

Another odd thing to me yesterday was bringing in Kimbrel in the 8th.  He came in and faced two lefties (to get one out).  His command hasn't been great so far this year, but I can live with that as we saw that last year.  But both hitters were lefties.  In fairness, I wasn't paying close enough attention to see if one was a pinch hitter or if they were switch hitters, but if they were lefties, don't we have a lefty that can come in in that situation?  I'd imagine Kimbrel will now need another week off? 

Rob from Mass

Quote from: longgame on April 30, 2018, 08:57:44 AM

Mookie left the game the night before with an injury.

Yeah, but according to Cora Sunday was a scheduled day off for him.Going by what he said Mookie without the injury wouldn`t have played anyway.The guy is clueless.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on April 30, 2018, 09:01:55 AM
The continued "resting" is a concern.  I don't think it's helping and in spite of this hot start they're only two games up in the standings.  There is no time for resting in baseball, it's a long season and you have to win a lot of games.  Better to stay on top than play catch up. 

Another odd thing to me yesterday was bringing in Kimbrel in the 8th.  He came in and faced two lefties (to get one out).  His command hasn't been great so far this year, but I can live with that as we saw that last year.  But both hitters were lefties.  In fairness, I wasn't paying close enough attention to see if one was a pinch hitter or if they were switch hitters, but if they were lefties, don't we have a lefty that can come in in that situation?  I'd imagine Kimbrel will now need another week off?

I think Poyner was that guy, but he's on the shelf (hammy?).  Also Kelly seems to be Kimbrel's set-up man, but he's suspended.  They'll have to be creative using Barnes and Smith (omg, did I say that?).