GAME #21, SUNDAY, APRIL 22, 2018, RED SOX AT OAKLAND A'S

Started by Bear, April 22, 2018, 03:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 23, 2018, 07:45:46 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 22, 2018, 09:44:38 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 22, 2018, 12:51:15 PM
No Mookie or Hanley. Both played so much in the last 5 days that I guess they are exhausted since they need 2 days rest counting Mondays off day.

I see what you mean Rob and while some may think I am starting to panic, let me be clear.  I am not panicking but I am getting a tad nervous.  We have looked dead at the plate the past two games and I could have said three because it took two big homers to keep us from getting swept.  We need to play our be best nine hitters and rest them only occasionally or we may risk losing all the ground we've gained so far.  And for what it's worth Lin can't hit Major League pitching for more than a couple of games before he gets badly exposed, and Leon should be given his walking papers.  What hurts more is that starting tomorrow the Yankees play their patsies for three games and as most knowledgeable fans know when the Twins see a Yankee uniform they literally shit in their pants.

Fred the way that was posted it sounded like I wanted them not to play.Clarification is needed.I was referring to Tinkerbell aka Alex Cora. This sitting  1/3 rd o a teams roster was totally uncalled for.Possibly in the dog days of summer, I could see it. But you would be hard-pressed to find another manager that would do that with a travel day the next day.  Yeah, there's no panic yet but the rookie manager needs to think about what he is doing. The other coaches need to step their game up and voice their opinion.

No Rob, that is not how I interpreted what you wrote and in fact I agreed totally with you.  What surprised me is that I wasn't the only one angry with what went down yesterday and worried  that once again I would stand out as a spear chucker while the rest of our group rolled their eyes.  Good to see I was in good company, and it made no sense with an off day today to give three of our best hitters another day off and put out a lineup that top to bottom was below what we should have put out there.  Cora needs to become a fast learner and to stop doing these weird things.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 23, 2018, 02:33:44 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 23, 2018, 07:45:46 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 22, 2018, 09:44:38 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 22, 2018, 12:51:15 PM
No Mookie or Hanley. Both played so much in the last 5 days that I guess they are exhausted since they need 2 days rest counting Mondays off day.

I see what you mean Rob and while some may think I am starting to panic, let me be clear.  I am not panicking but I am getting a tad nervous.  We have looked dead at the plate the past two games and I could have said three because it took two big homers to keep us from getting swept.  We need to play our be best nine hitters and rest them only occasionally or we may risk losing all the ground we've gained so far.  And for what it's worth Lin can't hit Major League pitching for more than a couple of games before he gets badly exposed, and Leon should be given his walking papers.  What hurts more is that starting tomorrow the Yankees play their patsies for three games and as most knowledgeable fans know when the Twins see a Yankee uniform they literally shit in their pants.

Fred the way that was posted it sounded like I wanted them not to play.Clarification is needed.I was referring to Tinkerbell aka Alex Cora. This sitting  1/3 rd o a teams roster was totally uncalled for.Possibly in the dog days of summer, I could see it. But you would be hard-pressed to find another manager that would do that with a travel day the next day.  Yeah, there's no panic yet but the rookie manager needs to think about what he is doing. The other coaches need to step their game up and voice their opinion.

No Rob, that is not how I interpreted what you wrote and in fact I agreed totally with you.  What surprised me is that I wasn't the only one angry with what went down yesterday and worried  that once again I would stand out as a spear chucker while the rest of our group rolled their eyes.  Good to see I was in good company, and it made no sense with an off day today to give three of our best hitters another day off and put out a lineup that top to bottom was below what we should have put out there.  Cora needs to become a fast learner and to stop doing these weird things.
As DAD would say, "SON, there is a bigger PLAN at play here, this is going to be one heck of a year" !! thumb_u rofl rofl