GAME #21, SUNDAY, APRIL 22, 2018, RED SOX AT OAKLAND A'S

Started by Bear, April 22, 2018, 03:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

Back in it..... As DAD would say, "SON, we are working hard here & there are NO guarantees" !! iono iono

ipot

So Cora's plan is to essentially leave our ace pitchers out there with no run support?  Rob from Mass mentioned the tinkering, and I said it would lead to no hitting....here we are.....There's some pretty good bats in the dugout.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Rob from Mass

Quote from: ipot on April 22, 2018, 05:16:29 PM
So Cora's plan is to essentially leave our ace pitchers out there with no run support?  Rob from Mass mentioned the tinkering, and I said it would lead to no hitting....here we are.....There's some pretty good bats in the dugout.

The part that bothers me is no game tomorrow. This is baseball, not basketball or football where guys need rest. The guy has some weird decisions going on under his hat.

Rob from Mass

BoSoxFanNY

DAMN - he was SO CLOSE to getting out of that jam
in the 8th inning.
DAMN!

Rob from Mass

Let's see if Tinkerbell will at least pinch it with Mookie and HR.Or does he want them fully rested for Tuesday?

BoSoxFanNY

Can't figure out why Mookie and Hanley were BOTH out of the game
today. 
Didn't Cora want to win another series????

ipot

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on April 22, 2018, 05:44:48 PM
Can't figure out why Mookie and Hanley were BOTH out of the game
today. 
Didn't Cora want to win another series????

He did.  But apparently he still doesn't know how to do it.  Funny how his usual M.O. for pulling the starter early blew up.  The lineup - with lefty logic - also didn't work.  You play Mookie AND Hanley....

Now our first losing streak  :P

I hate playing in Oakland anyway.  But we lost a series to the flipping' A's!
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Rob from Mass

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 22, 2018, 05:53:53 PM
Tinkerbell Cora did a LOUSY job today.

Yes, he did.
DANG IT - it is important to win every series.

Price pitched well for 7 innings -

WHERE were Mookie and Hanley?

(AND yet, can't get too upset because this team is 17 - 4.
  WHO saw that coming to start the season?)

Rob from Mass

Can`t wait to see how the well-rested Mookie and Hanley along with Nunez rake on Tuesday with 2 days rest.

Bill-806

This is more about ADJUSTMENTS......  We have gone from ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK, to HACK, HACK, HACK while the other team as adjusted accordingly !!!  This is not HIGH SCHOOL, make the changes as needed !! iono iono

longgame

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 22, 2018, 12:51:15 PM
No Mookie or Hanley. Both played so much in the last 5 days that I guess they are exhausted since they need 2 days rest counting Mondays off day.

I don't get the logic that says "we got no-hit, so let me sit my two best hitters the next day".  Also don't get why Betts and Hanley didn't hit at some point.  This was one that he let get away. 

Rob from Mass

Can`t wait to hear why Tinkerbell at least didn`t pinch hit in the 9th.I would like to be a fly on the wall and hear what others managers would do. Guaranteed not leave 2 guys hitting well over .300  looking on as spectators

Rob from Mass

Quote from: longgame on April 22, 2018, 06:09:59 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 22, 2018, 12:51:15 PM
No Mookie or Hanley. Both played so much in the last 5 days that I guess they are exhausted since they need 2 days rest counting Mondays off day.

I don't get the logic that says "we got no-hit, so let me sit my two best hitters the next day".  Also don't get why Betts and Hanley didn't hit at some point.  This was one that he let get away.
Most of us here are trying to figure that out. Totally senseless moves.