GAME #21, SUNDAY, APRIL 22, 2018, RED SOX AT OAKLAND A'S

Started by Bear, April 22, 2018, 03:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

RED SOX V A'S

SUNDAY, APRIL 22, 2018, 4:05 PM AT OAKLAND COLISEUM

TV:  NESN, NBCSCA

BOSTON:  (17-3).........................................................................................OAKLAND, (10-11)

BOSTON:

DAVID PRICE, LHP, 2-1, 2.25 ERA, 17K

After dealing with a worrisome "sensation" in his pitching hand during an April 11 start,
the lefty showed Tuesday that he was feeling just fine.  Price gave up one run vs the Angels
on Tuesday and will pitch in Oakland, where he has a career 3.02 ERA.

OAKLAND:

DAVID MENGDEN, RHP, 2-2, 4.50 ERA, 18K

Mengden was excellent against the White Sox on Monday, his lone blemish a home run
to lead off the ninth that forced his exit.  The right-hander allowed six hits with one walk and
six strikeouts in eight-plus innings.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/red-sox-vs-athletics/2018/04/22/529721#game_state=preview,game_tab=,game=529721

Bear

Red Sox Lineup

J Bradley, RF

A Benintendi, CF

J Martinez ,LF

M Moreland ,1B

R Devers ,3B

B Swihart ,DH

B Holt ,2B

C Vazquez ,C

T Lin ,SS

D  Price SP

Rob from Mass

Cora sure knows how to put in some very strange lineups. Can`t remember any manager that tinkers around so much. Maybe I`ll anoint him as Tinkerbell.

Rob from Mass

No Mookie or Hanley. Both played so much in the last 5 days that I guess they are exhausted since they need 2 days rest counting Mondays off day.

ipot

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 22, 2018, 12:34:56 PM
Cora sure knows how to put in some very strange lineups. Can`t remember any manager that tinkers around so much. Maybe I`ll anoint him as Tinkerbell.

I don't get it, either.  Is he daring Price to pitch w/o run support? JBJ is playing better but you don't put him at leadoff.  And then you got Lin at 9 which means those 2 will go back to back.  I get the logic of a lefty heavy lineup against a RHP, but still.....

We shall see.  Moreland's been on fire, and I'm fine with giving Swihart some hitting time.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Rob from Mass

Quote from: ipot on April 22, 2018, 01:25:59 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 22, 2018, 12:34:56 PM

I don't get it, either.  Is he daring Price to pitch w/o run support? JBJ is playing better but you don't put him at leadoff.  And then you got Lin at 9 which means those 2 will go back to back.  I get the logic of a lefty heavy lineup against a RHP, but still.....

We shall see.  Moreland's been on fire, and I'm fine with giving Swihart some hitting time.

I agree.Swihart should get the chance to play more to see what he can do.

Bear

We could lose game two today.
Hard to figure out Cora.

Bill-806

Looks like the A's don't know/care that they are playing the 17 & 3  BOSTON RED SOX !!! And already the SOX look a little "TIGHT".... iono iono

Rob from Mass

A`s pitcher looking like CY against Cora's dumb lineup.

Rob from Mass

Bill-806

Just an observation from the couch, this field looks a little to big for our JUG/A/NOT, both on offense & defense !! iono iono

Sea Dog 23

When everybody in the lineup was hitting, the pressure on individual batters was off.  Now with most everybody hitless this weekend, the pressure is on individuals to make a hit.

Rob from Mass

No Nunez  NO Mookie   No Hanley. Cora doing a bang-up job with the lineup.Keeping those guys out with no game tomorrow is that of a low A coach mentality. Then again that coach wants to mo2ve up so he would not be that foolish.

Rob from Mass