GAME #19, FRIDAY, APRIL 20, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Started by Bear, April 20, 2018, 05:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on April 21, 2018, 05:06:07 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 21, 2018, 03:18:23 PM
It sure didn't start off well for us and I kept asking myself wouldn't a couple of extra starts at Pawtucket madei it easier for Pomeranz to get his rhythm and be ready to get people out on a consistent basis.  He did look rusty but those two big dongs by Bradley and Moreland helped us put another "W" on the ledger.  As I tried to say last night, you cannot take any team in our league for granted.  We have to be balls out every night, and  that's what I think Cora is  trying to do with fresh lineups most every day.
& Who is that  J B J  guy ??? Where did he come FROM ???? iono iono

He came through is what he did.  That three run bomb is just what we needed to get back in the game after Pom almost gave it away in the opening frame.  They have a lefty going for them today who has been pitching very well.  This is no walk in the park tonight.  We have to outhit them, out pitch them and out field them, and I don't like Lin in the lineup against a left handed pitcher.  From what I saw on Wednesday he looked totally outclassed against a southpaw.

longgame

Seeing how Pom had pitched in his rehab starts I didn't expect much more out of him.  I think it was elk that noted he's a slow starter.  For a "bad" start, this wasn't too bad. 

Thought for sure Kimbrel would see some work in that game.  He hasn't pitched in what seems like a week and it will be interesting to see if this keeps him fresh vs. him not being sharp from not enough work.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on April 22, 2018, 12:16:54 PM
Seeing how Pom had pitched in his rehab starts I didn't expect much more out of him.  I think it was elk that noted he's a slow starter.  For a "bad" start, this wasn't too bad. 

Thought for sure Kimbrel would see some work in that game.  He hasn't pitched in what seems like a week and it will be interesting to see if this keeps him fresh vs. him not being sharp from not enough work.

That's been one of Cora's few missteps so far.  He needs to keep Kimbrel fresh and he hasn't pitched in five days, or has it been six.  With an off day tomorrow it will be two more before he pi tches again and what if he is asked to save a game with a one or two run lead?  This is not good from where I sit.  Cora must use Kimbrel wisely from here on in.