GAME #19, FRIDAY, APRIL 20, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Started by Bear, April 20, 2018, 05:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipot

Atta boy Matt.  Ks him to get out of inning.  Good work by Velasquez and Barnes.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Geez, if you blinked, you just missed the top of the 8th. Sox went down in seconds.

markj

markj

markj

Kelly done good. Solid pitching effort after the 2nd inning. The train keeps rollin'.

Schloicka

Hector Velazquez with the win. No save tonight. Pomeranz was ok. Cost himself 2 runs with the wild pitch but still had 7 strikeouts. Got him some pitching time which he needed. The relievers came through tonight. The offense showed up again. On to Saturday.

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

& as  Saturday morning DAWN breaks OVAA MARBLEHEAD, our beloved RED SOX are 17 & 2, "CAN YOU BELIEVE IT" ????  My gosh, this is FUN !!!  Keep it going boys !! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

Can't remember a team I pull for playing almost .900 ball.  That is just sick.  The all-in NYY writers at ESPN are almost void of story lines.  Simply love it!

Rob from Mass

Quote from: ipot on April 20, 2018, 11:10:27 PM
WHOA! Moreland joins Team Grand Slam! 7-3  That was one amazing swing.

Haha, Sox on pace for 40 grannys.

Rob from Mass

Sox train keeps a rolling along.Other than leaving the STRUGGLING Pomeranz in to long simply a GRAND game.

elktonnick

Pomerantz is a slow starter. Given this was his first start and he settled down striking out the side in the third , I thought was correct letting him start and finish the third and taking him out when he did.  Quote frankly. I thought Vasquez should have done a better job catching than he did.  Based on last night's performance, I don't see anything to be concerned about re Pomerantz.

SeaBeachFred

It sure didn't start off well for us and I kept asking myself wouldn't a couple of extra starts at Pawtucket madei it easier for Pomeranz to get his rhythm and be ready to get people out on a consistent basis.  He did look rusty but those two big dongs by Bradley and Moreland helped us put another "W" on the ledger.  As I tried to say last night, you cannot take any team in our league for granted.  We have to be balls out every night, and  that's what I think Cora is  trying to do with fresh lineups most every day.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 21, 2018, 03:18:23 PM
It sure didn't start off well for us and I kept asking myself wouldn't a couple of extra starts at Pawtucket madei it easier for Pomeranz to get his rhythm and be ready to get people out on a consistent basis.  He did look rusty but those two big dongs by Bradley and Moreland helped us put another "W" on the ledger.  As I tried to say last night, you cannot take any team in our league for granted.  We have to be balls out every night, and  that's what I think Cora is  trying to do with fresh lineups most every day.
& Who is that  J B J  guy ??? Where did he come FROM ???? iono iono