GAME #19, FRIDAY, APRIL 20, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Started by Bear, April 20, 2018, 05:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

RED SOX V OAKLAND A'S

FRIDAY, APRIL 20, 2018, 10:05 PM AT OAKLAND COLISEUM

TV:  NESN, NBCSCA

BOSTON, (16-2)..............................................................................................OAKLAND, (9-10)

BOSTON:

DREW POMERANZ, LHP, 0-0, -.-- ERA

Manager Alex Cora said the lefty has the all-clear to throw as many as 100 pitches
in his 2018 debut.  Pomeranz won a career-best 17 games last season, going 1-0 vs
Oakland in two starts with a 1.80 ERA in 10 innings.

OAKLAND:

KENDALL GRAVEMEN, RHP, 0-3, 9.86 ERA, 10K

Graveman is still looking to find his footing, after pitching to a 9.87 ERA in his first
four starts.  He was struck for five runs on eight hits and two walks in just four innings
in Seattle on Saturday, yielding his sixth home run of the season.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/red-sox-vs-athletics/2018/04/20/529691#game_state=preview,game_tab=,game=529691

Bear

RED SOX LINEUP:

Betts RF,

Benintendi LF,

Ramrez DH,

Moreland 1B,

Devers 3B,

Núñez 2B,

Bradley CF,

Vázquez C,

Holt SS,

Pomeranz LHP

TWITTER

Bear

PITCHING MATCHUPS:

Pitching matchups for the Red Sox-Athletics series:

Friday: LHP Drew Pomeranz (season debut) vs. RHP Kendall Graveman (0-3, 9.87), 10:05 p.m. (ET), NESN.

Saturday: LHP Chris Sale (1-0, 1.23) vs. LHP Sean Manaea (2-2, 1.63), 9:05 p.m. (ET), 9:05 p.m., NESN, MLB Network.

Sunday: LHP David Price (2-1, 2.25) vs. RHP Daniel Mengden (2-2, 4.50), 4:05 p.m. (ET), NESN.

markj

RHP Kendall Graveman (0-3, 9.87)

Holy cow, this lineup could have a field day with this guy.

Bill-806

SO, who was moved/reassigned for the POMERENZ MOVE ????? iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on April 20, 2018, 06:31:31 PM
RHP Kendall Graveman (0-3, 9.87)

Holy cow, this lineup could have a field day with this guy.

Please markj, don't say that.  It has been pitchers like that who have blunted streaks for us before.   I don't know why that is so but is has happened.  You know the Angels crushed the A's and we crushed the Angels.  But I hope it doesn't go backwards and we have trouble with the A's.  As I've said a few times so far, you don't take anyone for granted in our league.  You keep churning and battling and treating each team you play as a first place one.  If the Red Sox remember this we ought to be in pretty good shape.  I also wonder how Drew Pomeranz will make out his first time out tonight.  I remember how Cobb made his debut last Saturday for the Orioles and we routed him.  Drew has to be a lot better than that and we must keep the attack going.  I take nothing for granted.

Schloicka

markj

markj

Not sure what that was all about, but Hanley tried to steal 2B and got easily nailed. Missed signals?

markj

markj

Pom keeps getting ahead in the count and then gives up a hit. Sox down 0-2. Pom with 34 pitches and still going.

markj

markj

markj

Sox catch a momentary break with a near HR that was called a foul. Inning still not over and Pom-pom over 40 pitches now.

markj

Finally. 45 pitch inning. Sit him down and bring out Velazquez. Or hope and pray he settles down in the 2nd.