GAME #18, THURSDAY, APRIL 19, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT ANAHEIM ANGELS

Started by Bear, April 19, 2018, 02:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob from Mass

Quote from: markj on April 19, 2018, 11:44:41 PM
We'll see if the BP can hold a 3-run lead. Crappy throw by Raffy lets a runner on. Had plenty of time, it seemed. 4th error this season.

Is that the same Devers that our rookie manager feels is becoming a elite defender at third base.Sox have 5 Es on the season and as you mentioned Raffy has 4.He is young enough to grow into at least a  good defender but Cora needs to choose his words carefully.

Rob from Mass

Who would have thought that after 20 games the Sox would have a 2.63 ERA second to the Stros 2.45 in both leagues?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on April 20, 2018, 12:45:55 AM
YAHOOOOO!

SWEET SWEEP!

THIS team is fun to watch.

16 - 2 record.
Amazing.

(And to think that many thought that we had not been challenged by a good team and
that the Angels would be a test to see how good this BoSox team is.)

WOW!!!

Thanks Sox for a great birthday gift!

Happy Birthday Bo---and I hope it was a great day for you.  I know it was in one respect....like that 8-2 win and the broom to go with it.  You know though, you would have to go a long way to equal the birthday present I got when I turned 64-----October 27, 2004..THE RED SOX SWEPT THE CARDINALS TO WIN THEIR FIRST WORLD SERIES SINCE 1918.

Rob from Mass

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 20, 2018, 05:49:16 PM
Wow, I did not know that.Safe to say no B day can beat that 1.

That's when I knew I had found the team I should have always rooted for.  You know I'm a convert of sorts......didn't become a Red Sox fan until I saw Pedro two hit the Royals on August 19th, 2000.  I left Fenway that day a Red Sox fan for life.  Weird isn't it?